Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-05-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
Blaine L
Blaine L began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRST1
transfer books to calibre from ereader?

Hello

New to the forum and ereaders. Have the sony PRST1 couple of months ago and enjoying it very much. Been reading up on calibre and intending to use this over the Sony "reader for PC" program I have installed.

Currently reading the "calibre quickstart guide".

I currently have 20 or so books set up as collections on my ereader (initially set up using the sony program).

questions: How or can I import these books from the ereader to calibre?

If so, is this as quoted from the quick start guide: "Click the 'Add books' button in the tool bar at the top of the window, then select the e-books you would like calibre to import." Tried this but not quite getting it.

Help much appreciated.

Blaine
Blaine L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine L View Post
Hello

New to the forum and ereaders. Have the sony PRST1 couple of months ago and enjoying it very much. Been reading up on calibre and intending to use this over the Sony "reader for PC" program I have installed.

Currently reading the "calibre quickstart guide".

I currently have 20 or so books set up as collections on my ereader (initially set up using the sony program).

questions: How or can I import these books from the ereader to calibre?

If so, is this as quoted from the quick start guide: "Click the 'Add books' button in the tool bar at the top of the window, then select the e-books you would like calibre to import." Tried this but not quite getting it.

Help much appreciated.

Blaine
For books already on the device, I would switch from Library view (the normal) to the Device view (Main and/or Card, depending on your device configuration)
Select Books that do NOT have a In Library tick: Right-click: Add to Library.

This only work for books that Calibre finds on your device (the scan may take some time. The task wheel will indicate 0 when done)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert