Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-03-2010, 01:58 AM   #1
RW2112
Connoisseur
RW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: iPad 2
Black Pandigital Novel $149 at Best Buy!

I just purchased a black Pandigital Novel today at Best Buy for $149. Absolutely love it, comes loaded with nice basic selection of apps and reading my ebooks on it is great!

An added bonus is right now Pandigital is offering the Android platform kit for download on their website to turn it into an Android tablet should that be your taste, (Warranty voided should you do that though)
RW2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 05:27 PM   #2
horse_girl
Enthusiast
horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Nook, Motorola Droid
Thanks for the info on this. I just bought it today for my hubby for a Christmas gift. It seemed comparable to the Nook Color but much cheaper. It's good to read a review from someone with it. Let me know how the reading experience is, or if you decide later that it isn't as great as you thought. Also, how is it in bright light for reading?
horse_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:44 PM   #3
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by horse_girl View Post
Thanks for the info on this. I just bought it today for my hubby for a Christmas gift. It seemed comparable to the Nook Color but much cheaper. It's good to read a review from someone with it. Let me know how the reading experience is, or if you decide later that it isn't as great as you thought. Also, how is it in bright light for reading?
The nook color is actually a much better device due to the touchscreen (capacitive), IPS High Resolution screen, and build quality.

However, it is $100 more.
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:54 PM   #4
horse_girl
Enthusiast
horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!

I noticed that in the image quality of the display, but couldn't actually play with it. I'm tempted to take it back and exchange it for NC after reading some other reviews on it last night.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:11 PM   #5
RW2112
Connoisseur
RW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beauty

So far I am enjoying mine, screen is very readable, has nighttime mode as well. Any backlit reader (Pandigital, Nook Color) will be more difficult to read outdoors than an e-ink type reader.

For the feature set and being $100 less than the Nook Color I am sticking to the Pandigital.

I will say I find page turning much easier using the supplied stylus than doing finger swipes on the Pandigital though...
Old 12-06-2010, 12:51 PM   #6
horse_girl
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW2112 View Post
I will say I find page turning much easier using the supplied stylus than doing finger swipes on the Pandigital though...
That was one of the complaints I read in the reviews since I bought it...yeah, I know. I should read reviews before I buy stuff. Lesson learned.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:45 PM   #7
RW2112
Connoisseur

New firmware out today, just installed it. Finger swiping is much improved, can finally put the stylus away.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:25 AM   #8
horse_girl
Enthusiast

I'm glad it improved things, but I took the device back tonight before reading your post.