Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-05-2020, 11:10 PM   #1
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
OTA update failure

Hi

I did not succeed to update the latest (end January) Koreader OTA update. I tried three times: the update line (vérifier les mises à jour...) freezes before beginning anything.

Kindle PW3.

Edit: update succeeded after sixth try.

Last edited by roger64; 02-06-2020 at 06:42 AM. Reason: success
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 09:33 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
From which version exactly (to which version)?

2019.12 -> 2020.01 (stable) is known to somewhat reliably break in a very very bad way (i.e, it hangs indefinitely, unless you're "lucky" enough to have the connection drop out ^^).
Switching to nightlies instead of stable may or may not help, which is why we've been recommending a manual upgrade in the two issues opened about it .

That said, the update backend has *just* been updated in current nightlies, so this should (hopefully) never happen again.

And I'm currently experimenting with making the actual status/progress visible, instead of a simple blind spinner.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 02-06-2020 at 09:35 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote