Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-16-2010, 09:14 PM   #1
wormturns
wormturns began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Sony PRS-300: $148 at California Walmarts

Just wanted to pass this along. Was in my local 'wallyworld' and was surprised at the price. This was a 'Rollback' price and the clerk couldn't tell me if this was just a sale price or if it represented a quasi-permanent price.

This is no recommendation, I'm still deciding on my first ebook reader, but it is the cheapest I've seen them.

Scott
wormturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:17 PM   #2
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I think that all of us must consider this to be good news, regardless of what we think of the Sony.

Makes you wonder what the prices of eBook readers will be by Christmas!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2010, 09:39 PM   #3
wormturns

Yeah, I'd like to jump on the bandwagon and get a reader but there are some indications that prices have to come down on the 5 and 6 inch e-ink based readers. The 5 inch Sony under $150, and later this year the Kobo 6 inch (Netronix EB-600 ?) goes on sale for $149 (or maybe less).

I may just have to be happy with used paperbacks for a couple more months 'till the smoke settles.

Scott
Old 04-16-2010, 11:37 PM   #4
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
BTW, welcome to MobileRead Scott!

I searched pretty thoroughly last year from early July through mid December before settling on the jetBook Lite. If you can wait a few months before you buy your first, I recommend that you do so.

I think you will be a lot more comfortable with what you choose, which is important because they are all far from perfect, and problems or at least inadequacies will arise.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:07 AM   #5
wormturns

Thanks for that.

Just found MobileRead a few days ago and it's a great resource.

Scott
Advert