Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-24-2009, 03:17 PM   #1
BikinOn
BikinOn began at the beginning.

Device: REB1100, Sony 505 & 700
Retrieve Calibre library after Windows crash?

So my motherboard died and Vista, unable to come to terms with the loss, committed suicide. I put in a new M/B and reinstalled Vista (yeah I have too many windows programs I need to go with Linux just yet). My question is, how do I get Calibre to use my old Library? I'm sure the answer is in the forum somewhere, but I can't find it. Can someone point me in the right direction?
BikinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 10:44 PM   #2
Anggun
Enthusiast
Anggun will become famous soon enoughAnggun will become famous soon enoughAnggun will become famous soon enoughAnggun will become famous soon enoughAnggun will become famous soon enoughAnggun will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
I think it depends on where you place your books and database.
I recently got my laptop reformatted but I stored the books and database in D drive, so it was still there after reformatting.
I installed Calibre and pointed it towards my old folder and database and it works like as if it was never gone.
Anggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2009, 09:38 AM   #3
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikinOn View Post
So my motherboard died and Vista, unable to come to terms with the loss, committed suicide. I put in a new M/B and reinstalled Vista (yeah I have too many windows programs I need to go with Linux just yet). My question is, how do I get Calibre to use my old Library? I'm sure the answer is in the forum somewhere, but I can't find it. Can someone point me in the right direction?
If you have had to reinstall Calibre, it will ask you during the install what directory you want to use for your ebooks. If you don't have to reinstall Calibre, you will find the path designation under the "preferences" tool on Calibre's menu bar.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:45 PM   #4
BikinOn
BikinOn began at the beginning.

Device: REB1100, Sony 505 & 700
Thanks guys, it's working fine now. :-)
BikinOn is offline   Reply With Quote