Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-10-2013, 04:23 AM   #46
Lupines
Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G+Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupines View Post
I tried that. It isn't working somehow. I put all the .scm files on /usr/share/festival, /mnt/us/arm-linux/share/festival, and also under /mnt/us/arm-linux/share/festival

I will check if I am doing something wrong at compiling time. If you want to have a look, let me know and I will upload what I've done so far. I don't mind credit, I want stuff that works. If you are interested in this, I can guide you on the modifications I've done to this. Or you can just run diff against the original source code.

Lupines.

P.S.: Is there an irc server/channel people around here hang out?
Found the problem. It was looking for the files under my home directory. That's where I compiled everything. I created /home/lupines/festival inside my Kindle and everything started to work. Now the problem is sound:

festival> (SayText "Hello")
Linux: can't open /dev/dsp
#<Utterance 0x40132b98>

This is the same problem as with flite. I'll have to look into this.

Lupines.
Lupines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:04 AM   #47
Lupines
Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Festival

twobob,

I got Festival to work. But I am having problems with the sampling rate. I am using aplay to get the output from Festival to the sound card. Can you tell me which audio sampling should I use? This sounds reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally sloooooooooooooooooooooooow...

festival> (SayText "Hello world!")
Playing WAVE '/tmp/audiofile_31122' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 16000 Hz, Mono
#<Utterance 0x401903b8>

Thanks,
Lupines.
Advert
Old 02-10-2013, 06:54 AM   #48
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
16k mono is the only one that is broken, and only on a kindle 3.

Any rate but that. any at all.

: )

44.1k 16 bit mono would be nice. or 32k maybe.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:38 PM   #49
Lupines

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
16k mono is the only one that is broken, and only on a kindle 3.

Any rate but that. any at all.

: )

44.1k 16 bit mono would be nice. or 32k maybe.
Adding this to festival.scm got it to work...

(Parameter.set 'Audio_Method 'Audio_Command)
(Parameter.set 'Audio_Required_Format 'wav)
(Parameter.set 'Audio_Required_Rate '8000)
(Parameter.set 'Audio_Command "aplay -q -c2 -t wav -r 8000 $FILE")

I will try to get some higher rate without the voice breaking up. Once I get a more decent compilation/installation I'll upload it for you to play with. I just found how to move the .scm files to a propper directory. Is there a convention on how to place the directories and such under /mnt/us for applications? I would like to follow up something more standard than my /mnt/us/arm-linux directory.

---------
I just tried with this:

(Parameter.set 'Audio_Required_Rate '22050)
(Parameter.set 'Audio_Command "aplay -q -c2 -t wav -r 22050 $FILE")

And it works. I am no expert. But it sounds pretty decently. I am still having the problem with the sound delay. It is the same problem I had with flite.

I guess the next step will be to add the mbrola voices.

Lupines.

Last edited by Lupines; 02-10-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:18 AM   #50
peepo
Enthusiast
peepo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peepo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peepo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peepo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peepo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peepo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peepo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peepo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peepo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peepo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peepo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k5
How to install?

mv /mnt/us/flite /bin/flite

flite -t "SW8"

wfm Kindle Touch

tx so much for this...

nb ALSA not needed

Last edited by peepo; 02-15-2013 at 06:24 AM.
peepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2013, 04:09 PM   #51
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
ln -s rather than polluting the root

or even better amend your load $PATH
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
speech;text;flite, text;speech;wav;mp3