Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-23-2017, 05:54 AM   #1
SnowRipple
Zealot
SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Note Pro
Jing Page X 9.7 - amazing refresh rate

Hi there,

Not sure if it belongs in news but I haven't seen this e-reader mentioned before here so I am adding it here.

http://www.zingjing.com/officalWeb/E...Web/index.aspx

It's specs remind me the reMarkable reader announced not so long ago but it has 9.7'' instead of 13.3''. Price is tempting (around 350 USD) which is much lower than competitors.

What amazed me is the great refresh rate, e.g. in this video, the animation works smoothly!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaWRlx13gdI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B6DX2TdkPs

No ghosting, really smooth animation in a device that you can actually buy today!

Many people were sceptic about claims that reMarkable has made about their unbelievable refresh rate (55ms), but this e-reader shows that it is possible! Without legendary imx7!

Maybe my dreams about having an e-ink monitor with a decent refresh rate will be fullfilled soon..
SnowRipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 12:25 PM   #2
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Interesting. Android based too. Hopefully it runs android apps okay.

Kind of heavy though. I'd prefer a lighter one around 8", and I don't need any pen functionality.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 02:55 AM   #3
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
Great find, Snowripple! I follow e-ink devices pretty closely, but completely missed this one so far. I have two concerns:
1.Based on the product page it doesn't have Play Store, relies on its own app store. Question is whether one can sideload apk-s.
2. I wonder if the display has a glass layer?
Otherwise very promising indeed, and the price is great!
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 04:18 AM   #4
SnowRipple
Zealot
SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Note Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmirko View Post
Great find, Snowripple! I follow e-ink devices pretty closely, but completely missed this one so far. I have two concerns:
1.Based on the product page it doesn't have Play Store, relies on its own app store. Question is whether one can sideload apk-s.
2. I wonder if the display has a glass layer?
Otherwise very promising indeed, and the price is great!
1.Yes, this EinkOS is very mysterious, not much info on it apart the fact it's based on Android. I think that these Chinese e-readers are always very hackable, so even if it does not support 3rd party apps and google store, I am fairly certain that someone will come up with a way to do so. It's based on Android so that's good news.

2. The display is very similar to the reMarkable display (they even used the same wording "partially powered by E-ink Carta"). It looks to me that this is exactly the same technology but smaller size (9.7 vs 13.3). And reMarkable has plastic display that suppose to be almost unbreakable:

https://liliputing.com/2016/11/remar...order-379.html

I am waiting for more videos and some reviews, but I agree that this device looks pretty amazing..
SnowRipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 11:02 PM   #5
laughterjones
laughterjones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughterjones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughterjones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughterjones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughterjones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughterjones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughterjones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughterjones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughterjones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughterjones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughterjones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Here is a comparison video of Onyx N96 and the PageX. Language is in Chinese, but you can see the comparison of refresh, loading, etc. Best video of the PageX I've seen. Doesn't look like the PageX has any sort of light, front or back to it.

Be warned, the ads before the video can be a min long or so, and you have to authorize the page to let it use adobe flash.

http://www.iqiyi.com/w_19ru8ndl81.html
laughterjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 09:09 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughterjones View Post
Here is a comparison video of Onyx N96 and the PageX. Language is in Chinese, but you can see the comparison of refresh, loading, etc. Best video of the PageX I've seen. Doesn't look like the PageX has any sort of light, front or back to it.

Be warned, the ads before the video can be a min long or so, and you have to authorize the page to let it use adobe flash.

http://www.iqiyi.com/w_19ru8ndl81.html

Since you presumably have the device - you list it as your 'Device' - why not simply tell us about it.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:43 AM   #7
laughterjones
laughterjones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughterjones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughterjones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughterjones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughterjones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughterjones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughterjones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughterjones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughterjones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughterjones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughterjones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Since you presumably have the device - you list it as your 'Device' - why not simply tell us about it.
Just signed up this past day. Instructions stated upon registration to list what I want, or what I have. Don't have it yet, interested however.
laughterjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:10 PM   #8
Amiieey
Connoisseur
Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Likebook Mars, Kindle Fire HD 8
There's a version called the X1 or something with no pen functionality. It's the exact same otherwise and cheaper
Amiieey is offline   Reply With Quote