Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-22-2009, 01:55 PM   #1
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Question Need help with syncing & collections

I guess I'm just not understanding what I'm doing wrong, but when I try to add books to a collection I end up with duplicate collections on my Reader. One has the new book and the other has all of the other books in the collection. I even have a duplicate collection with one of them being empty. When I try to move books around it won't let me and gives me a warning:
The collection you modified is a syncronized collection and cannot be modified directly... and so on and so forth. I'm terribly confused!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:51 PM   #2
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
I don't understand the synchronized stuff either -- I've given up on collections!
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:37 PM   #3
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhbailey View Post
I don't understand the synchronized stuff either -- I've given up on collections!
It's comforting to know that I'm not alone with this problem. But I am not ready to give up!
Old 01-22-2009, 07:33 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Do you have the autosynch on?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:02 PM   #5
rebarnmom
Wizard

What is autosync? Is that under Preferences in the library or something on the Reader itself?

Last edited by rebarnmom; 01-22-2009 at 08:04 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:19 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
What is autosync? Is that under Preferences in the library or something on the Reader itself?
On the library under Preferences.

It is usually not on unless you specify it to, but check it just in case.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:35 PM   #7
rebarnmom
Wizard

It is on. Should it be? I've never noticed anything automatically syncing.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:45 PM   #8
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
It is on. Should it be? I've never noticed anything automatically syncing.
Turn it off and see if that helps.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:47 PM   #9
rebarnmom
Wizard

What about the "merge all notes"... should that be checked or not?
Old 01-22-2009, 09:57 PM   #10
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
What about the "merge all notes"... should that be checked or not?
Unchecked.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:05 PM   #11
rebarnmom
Wizard

Now how do I get the duplicate collections merged together with the original?
Old 01-22-2009, 10:12 PM   #12
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Now how do I get the duplicate collections merged together with the original?
Maybe you should try removing the collections that you've made already.

Right click the collection in the library, and delete. It won't delete the books in them, because they are only duplicated to be put in the collection (so your book will be in two places at once, and if you transfer the collection to the Reader the same applies). Then create a new collection with the "plus" button at the bottom left of the screen. I'd do all of this with the Reader not connected.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:30 PM   #13
rebarnmom
Wizard

Now what? Should I connect my Reader now?
Old 01-22-2009, 11:07 PM   #14
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Now what? Should I connect my Reader now?
No, see if you have any problems making your collections now on the Library.

Then plug in your Reader, and delete any collections off your Reader via the Sony software. Then drag the new collections you made to your Reader.