Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-12-2009, 05:54 PM   #1
myle00
Connoisseur
myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Palm Treo
"Download Only Covers" not working properly

First, thanks for fixing the bug that happened when downloading metadata for multiple files. Also, the download speed is much much faster now. Now to the inevitable bugs...

I opened this bug http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/ticket/3730 when I was on 0.6.16 and since the command line didn't work for me I couldn't give more details. Now with 17 where the cmd is fixed here are more details. It turns out it was a little more complicated than my first bug report.

Basically when selecting "Download Only Covers" for multiple books it only downloads it for few books. I believe the same thing happens when you click "get metadata and covers" since I have ~8600 books and only ~7700 have covers. But I tried with a selection of only 39 and 51 books to get more details of the problem.

Here is what happens.

First time I run get covers on 39 books I get this
Spoiler:
“Exception in thread Thread-55:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "threading.py", line 525, in __bootstrap_inner
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\metadata.py", line 30, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\library_thing.py" , line 61, in cov
er_from_isbn
ISBNNotFound: ISBN: 9781855739178 not found.”

In the cmd window and this
Spoiler:
“WARNING: Failed to download some metadata: Failed to download metadata for the following:

Blogging for dummies: No matches found for this book
Ship stability for masters and mates: No matches found for this book
Handbook of Hazardous Chemical Properties: No matches found for this book
Sams Teach Yourself Asp.net 2.0 in 24 Hours: No matches found for this book
Arizona for Dummies: No matches found for this book
Cruise Vacations For Dummies 2007: No matches found for this book
Europe for Dummies: No matches found for this book
Colorado & the Rockies For Dummies: No matches found for this book
Cruise Vacations for Dummies 2006: No matches found for this book”

In calibre’s window.
Also, only two books out of the 39 received pictures.
Next I find that 9781855739178 matches “Chemical testing of textiles” by “Qinguo Fan”. So I select the 38 books, excluding “Chemical testing of textiles”, and click download covers. Most of the 38 got covers except about 6-8 and it also didn’t give me any massages. Also, only 2 of the books that didn’t get covers were listed in the above book list. So I go through these books that didn’t get covers, individually and download the cover. I find covers for all books except for 2 that were listed above
“Handbook of Hazardous Chemical Properties” and “Sams Teach Yourself Asp.net 2.0 in 24 Hours” So now only 36 don't have covers.

Now I tried it again for 51 books and here is the result.
Spoiler:
WARNING: Failed to download some metadata: Failed to download metadata for the following:

Progress in Understanding of Polymer Crystallization: No matches found for this book
Semiconductor Nanostructures for Optoelectronic Applications (Artech House Semiconductor Materials and Devices Library): No matches found for this book
Fatigue in composites: science and technology of the fatigue response of fibre-reinforced plastics: No matches found for this book
Smart Material Systems and MEMS: Design and Development Methodologies: No matches found for this book
Processing of wide band gap semiconductors: No matches found for this book
Autonomous mobile robots: sensing, control, decision making, and applications: No matches found for this book
Dielectrics in electric fields: No matches found for this book
Electrical Engineering: No matches found for this book
Alternative Energy: No matches found for this book
Reliability of MEMS: Testing of Materials and Devices (Advanced Micro and Nanosystems): No matches found for this book
Maximum Performance: A Practical Guide To Leading And Managing People At Work: No matches found for this book
Plant Engineers and Managers Guide to Energy Conservation: No matches found for this book

and this in cmd
Spoiler:
Exception in thread Thread-257:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "threading.py", line 525, in __bootstrap_inner
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\metadata.py", line 30, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\library_thing.py" , line 61, in cov
er_from_isbn
ISBNNotFound: ISBN: 9789812568649 not found.
which is this book "The Physics And Modeling of Mosfets (International Series on Advances in Solid State Electronics) (International Series on Advances in Solid State Electronics and Technology (Asset))"
by Mitiko Miura-Mattausch & Hans Jürgen Mattausch & Tatsuya Ezaki

try again but with above cmd book not selected...
Spoiler:
WARNING: Failed to download some metadata: Failed to download metadata for the following:

Fatigue in composites: science and technology of the fatigue response of fibre-reinforced plastics: No matches found for this book
Smart Material Systems and MEMS: Design and Development Methodologies: No matches found for this book
Applied Reliability and Quality: Fundamentals, Methods and Procedures: No matches found for this book
Centrifugal and rotary pumps: fundamentals with applications: No matches found for this book
Electrical power cable engineering: No matches found for this book
Network Congestion Control: Managing Internet Traffic: No matches found for this book
The handbook of formulas and tables for signal processing: No matches found for this book
Digital Audio Broadcasting: Principles and Applications: No matches found for this book
Energy-efficient electric motors: No matches found for this book
High-linearity RF amplifier design: No matches found for this book
Fabrication of SiGe HBT BiCMOS Technology: No matches found for this book
Electrical Installation Calculations: Basic - For Technical Certificate: No matches found for this book
Making Clocks: No matches found for this book
The handbook of formulas and tables for signal processing: No matches found for this book
Engineering optics: No matches found for this book
Maximum Performance: A Practical Guide To Leading And Managing People At Work: No matches found for this book

cmd now lists as problem 9780130207388 - Plant Engineers and Managers Guide to Energy Conservation - Albert Thumann

44 books didn't get covers.

Try again with the 44 books but above two books not selected...
Spoiler:

Progress in Understanding of Polymer Crystallization: No matches found for this book
High-temperature Solid Oxide Fuel Cells: Fundamentals, Design and Applications: No matches found for this book
Air and spaceborne radar systems: an introduction: No matches found for this book
Industrial Servo Control Systems: Fundamentals and Applications: No matches found for this book
Target detection by marine radar: No matches found for this book
Centrifugal and rotary pumps: fundamentals with applications: No matches found for this book
Improving Traceability in Food Processing: No matches found for this book
Radiation effects and soft errors in integrated circuits and electronic devices: No matches found for this book
Ultra Low-Power Biomedical Signal Processing: An Analog Wavelet Filter Approach for Pacemakers (Analog Circuits and Signal Processing): No matches found for this book

cmd now lists as problem 9781856176651 - Electrical Installation Calculations: Basic - For Technical Certificate - A. J. Watkins & Christopher James Kitcher

35 books didn't get covers

Again with the ALL books selecetd except above three cmd books not selected...
Spoiler:

Energy-efficient electric motors: No matches found for this book
Semiconductor Nanostructures for Optoelectronic Applications (Artech House Semiconductor Materials and Devices Library): No matches found for this book
Applied Reliability and Quality: Fundamentals, Methods and Procedures: No matches found for this book
Autonomous mobile robots: sensing, control, decision making, and applications: No matches found for this book
High-linearity RF amplifier design: No matches found for this book
Electronic Devices on Discrete Components for Industrial and Power Engineering: No matches found for this book
Handbook of small electric motors: No matches found for this book
Silicon Devices and Process Integration: Deep Submicron and Nano-Scale Technologies: No matches found for this book
Electrical Engineering: No matches found for this book
Fabrication of SiGe HBT BiCMOS Technology: No matches found for this book
Digital Audio Broadcasting: Principles and Applications: No matches found for this book
Engineering optics: No matches found for this book
Network Congestion Control: Managing Internet Traffic: No matches found for this book

cmd lists as problem 9780387717128 - Low Power Design Essentials (Integrated Circuits and Systems)

35 books didn't get covers i.e. no new book got a cover...
This is where I stopped.

It seems I'm the one finding these complicated threading bugs, but I guess someone's got to find it...

Thanks,
Matt
myle00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batch, covers