Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
around here we call it a liseuse.
Reading Lamp?
ZenEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:36 PM   #17
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
505 owner. Still love it. But I cried a little when I saw the red 505 in store. Beautiful color, cover and device.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2008, 04:04 PM   #18
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Still loving my 505, after about 10 months. (Had a 500 before that, which my SO is still loving!) I have purchased about 30 ebooks from Sony (incl. a few bundles) and have found tons of other free books (thanks largely to this site!).

Cool gadgetry and a bit of hacking aside, what I really love about my Reader is I have been reading for fun so much more now than in quite a long time. Through grade school until college, I always had a paperback with me, every day, and went through several books per week. Things changed over time, with college, other activities, and then the (regrettable?) onset of websurfing and a subsequent lowering of my reading attention span.

But now I'm back to getting immersed in lots of good old novels and stories. The convenience is great, and somehow the Reader just got me reading again! (I also do have a small pile of p-books on the reading list!)

Availability of ebooks from the local library is also a big plus, if I ever get through my current reading list!
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:17 PM   #19
DojoPat
literature lover
DojoPat has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Ereader PRS-505 & PRS-300
I had a PRS-500 last year but rarely used it - the contrast was poor, and the buttons were difficult to use.

But once I upgraded to the 505 I became a true convert :-)

I use it every day on the NY subway and love it. So much so, that I have started to give away all my old hardbacks/paperbacks to free up space
in my small apartment.

The 505 has also cured me of my old bibliomania problem. Finally I can walk
past a used-book store without feeling compelled to go inside and waste
an hour hunting for books that would clutter up my home. Yippee!!
DojoPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:30 PM   #20
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DojoPat View Post
Finally I can walk
past a used-book store without feeling compelled to go inside and waste
an hour hunting for books that would clutter up my home. Yippee!!
Doh! How could I forgot about it? So true!
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2008, 06:18 PM   #21
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenEngineer View Post
Reading Lamp?
heh... either you speak a bit of french, or you know how to use a bilingual dictionary...

actually "liseuse" has many definitions already (so what's one more, right ?) and has already been launched in french by some bloggers as a generic name, and in a thread where we were brainstorming about what a good generic name would be it was adopted by a few people as a "borrowed into english" word (it's nicer than "device" or the french equivalent of "device"). we already have converts on all continents (including australia).

liseuse : first mr, then the world !!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:26 PM   #22
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Antarctica?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:39 PM   #23
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Antarctica?
you haven't met the ebook-reading penguin who hangs out around here ?

Old 09-22-2008, 06:40 PM   #24
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Um -- he don' hang 'round here no more, remember?
Old 09-22-2008, 06:44 PM   #25
zelda_pinwheel

not that one. a nice one. who uses the word "liseuse" correctly.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:46 PM   #26
NatCh
Gizmologist

Oh that one!

Okay, fine, I'll give you Antarctica, then.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:48 PM   #27
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Oh that one!

Okay, fine, I'll give you Antarctica, then.
thank you, kind sir. very big of you.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:51 PM   #28
NatCh
Gizmologist

Hey, I didn't gain that much weight in France!
Old 09-22-2008, 06:52 PM   #29
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Hey, I didn't gain that much weight in France!
...says the guy distributing armadillo droppings to us !!!! we had more to worry about than you...
Old 09-22-2008, 06:54 PM   #30
NatCh
Gizmologist

I think I've still got a few of those around here somewhere.