Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-15-2015, 11:02 PM   #1
ArmadilloPilot
Enthusiast
ArmadilloPilot began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Verse Pro
New T-1 and DRM/Adobe DE

So I went on my Computer to my Library to check out a book. The book downloaded okay to my computer. I noticed that my ADE 3.0 said that, while my computer was authorized, I could only read this book on my computer.

Well then I said to self, how do I authorize my new T-1? Reading a few posts, I learned needed to install Reader Library. But I'm now in a campground with poor WiFi, so my computer could not complete download of the Reader Library software. So I guess try later.

Is this correct? Only Reader Library software installation will authorize a Sony Reader with Adobe for DRM purposes? Seems funny to do this since the Sony store no longer exists.

I had an Adobe account long time ago on a long since dead computer for my 650 reader. Now I have a new computer. Is there a way to retrieve the old account info? Or can I set up a new account and start over? Most confusing huh?
ArmadilloPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 11:56 PM   #2
DoctorM
Groupie
DoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: none
The final firmware replaces the Sony store with Kobo, so there is nothing weird about using Sony's software.

Install Sony Reader for PC (https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model...d#/downloadTab).

When you plug in your reader you can then set up it's DRM with your Adobe account. (If you need more details let me know, it's pretty simple). You can also set up a Kobo account.

You can uninstall the Sony software afterwards if it isn't something you want. I use Calibre.

I do have Adobe Digital Editions on my PC using the same DRM as three PRS-T1's in my place. So a book pulled down from one reader or from my PC can be shared across all of them.

Same for Overdrive library loans.

A warning, once the Sony Reader software is on your PC (even if you uninstall it) it leaves something behind in the registry(?) If you reinstall Sony Reader on the same PC and plug in another unregistered PRS-T1 it will automatically (that is without even asking you) register that reader with your previously entered Adobe account.
DoctorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert