Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
heynnema
heynnema began at the beginning.

Device: Ubuntu
0.9.34 shows are version 0.9.33

I just installed the latest 0.9.34, but the version shown in the lower left corner of the calibre window still shows 0.9.33.

Also, is there an easy way to include the pyton installer in the .tar.bz2 archive, so that I don't have to visit the website to copy the install string for /opt?

Cheers, Al
heynnema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:27 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
If it still says .33 your install did not 'take'
You need to have Calibre fully shut down (no content server/or share server)

Ctrl-Q is the way to quit calibre fast.

I just copied the string to a new launcher (before #$%^ Unity).
Just copy it to a .sh file
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #3
heynnema
heynnema began at the beginning.

Device: Ubuntu
Ah! I see. There's a server left running after the app quits. I killed it, then calibre properly indicates 0.9.34. I didn't see any pref to kill the server once the app is quit.

Also, I didn't understand what "I just copied the string to a new launcher (before #$%^ Unity). Just copy it to a .sh file" meant.

Thanks, Al
heynnema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by heynnema View Post
Ah! I see. There's a server left running after the app quits. I killed it, then calibre properly indicates 0.9.34. I didn't see any pref to kill the server once the app is quit.

Also, I didn't understand what "I just copied the string to a new launcher (before #$%^ Unity). Just copy it to a .sh file" meant.

Thanks, Al
There is nothing version sensitive in that command line (this means, it is reusable at any time) make (paste) it into a local shell script
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #5
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
First time I've ever had an install issue with Calibre. It would not open after upgrading to 0.9.34. Did a repair from the install file and it was fine. whew!
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #6
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
First time I've ever had an install issue with Calibre. It would not open after upgrading to 0.9.34. Did a repair from the install file and it was fine. whew!
I had the same problem! for the "repair" info. All is good now.
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote