Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-28-2008, 07:53 AM   #1
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
The Ace of Penguins [Solitaire Games for X]

[04/01/2008] This is not a April Fool's joke. First version is out.
[04/02/2008] Thx Adam for moving this thread to the software release section & starting the thread Card Games for your iLiad.

The not easy part of porting was to find the right place in src for the hack "Dialogs open as a window in iLiad's window mananger matchbox". It was hidden in the library, which use all card games. [The old teaser screenshots were created with running wm fluxbox.]

specific stuff for game "Solitaire" :
I choosed the connection "full screen refresh" to the dragging event [= you move stylus on screen; so [double] clicking is possible w/o triggering a full screen refresh] because the most action is when you move a stack of cards to another place. Draw a line on screen for full screen refresh.

on the to-do-list:
# remove usage of hacked libX11 [only Solitaire doesn't use it]
# some games need right mouse button
# disable LED blinking
# the green background colour doesn't look nice on iLiad's screen

I'm testing the Ace of Penguins [a bundle of 11 somehow solitaire games].
I was never a fan of solitaire, but it's quite cool on iLiad. A nice timekiller.

screenshots:
#1: game Solitaire, filemanager gentoo, windowmanager fluxbox
#2: Uhhh. I won a Solitaire game.
#3: Oh no! I clicked in Minesweeper on a bomb.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01_Solitaire_Gentoo_Fluxbox.png
Views:	1019
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	11006   Click image for larger version

Name:	02_You_Win!.png
Views:	884
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	11007   Click image for larger version

Name:	03_Minesweeper.png
Views:	1025
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	11008  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Ace.of.Penguins.iLiad.0.1.zip (970.0 KB, 982 views)

Last edited by yokos; 04-02-2008 at 10:39 AM. Reason: EDIT 04/02/2008
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:26 AM   #2
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Brilliant idea! Excellent Work!

Are you trying the whole "do it without the hacked libX11" as well?
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2008, 08:42 AM   #3
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
Brilliant idea! Excellent Work!

Are you trying the whole "do it without the hacked libX11" as well?
I'm will do this.
Some
Code:
dmDisplay(dmCmdPriorUrgent, dmQFull);
dmDisplay(dmCmdPriorUrgent, dmQTyping);
are included in src & waiting for testing.
A family member has got my iLiad right now.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:24 AM   #4
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

First version is out.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:15 AM   #5
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
I hope I get time to play with this before sending my iLiad back for the new backplane. This looks really good!
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2008, 11:12 AM   #6
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I don't play solitaire games much, but I think my husband would appreciate me having them available when we get stuck places. (But then what will I do if I can't read on my iLiad???)
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:29 PM   #7
M@rcel
Connoisseur
M@rcel began at the beginning.

Device: Irex iLiad
Wow, this is a great tool to have my wife get addicted to the iLiad.

Then maybe, just maybe, I can get myself a DR...
M@rcel is offline   Reply With Quote