Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-17-2012, 02:59 PM   #1
kamanza
Zealot
kamanza began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Links color

Converting other formats to epub or mobi, Calibre changes color of links to blue,no matter what the color of links was in the original file.
Would it be possible to have an option of keeping the original color?
As it is now I am forced to use Sigil to fix the colors after the conversion to epub & convert to mobi with Kindlegen instead of Calibre.
It would be much more convenient to do everything in Calibre.

Last edited by kamanza; 08-17-2012 at 03:03 PM.
kamanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:56 PM   #2
lrui
Enthusiast
lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook simple touch
add this code to the Extra CSS (preferences--common options--look&feel)
Code:
a:link {color: whatever color you want}
these are other color style options
links can be displayed in different ways
Code:
a:visited {color:#00FF00;}  /* visited link */
a:hover {color:#FF00FF;}  /* mouse over link */
a:active {color:#0000FF;}  /* selected link */
lrui is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2012, 12:32 AM   #3
kamanza
Zealot

Did exactly that & still got blue TOC
Old 08-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #4
lrui
Enthusiast
lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamanza View Post
Did exactly that & still got blue TOC
try this code again
Code:

a {
color: red;/*select the color you want*/
cursor: pointer;
text-decoration: none;
}

Last edited by lrui; 08-20-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:24 PM   #5
kamanza
Zealot

Something very funny is happening with Calibre: I've put both (a & a:link) codes into the CSS field & trhe first book came out with the color I wanted.
Then I tried a second book with the same (copy & paste) code & it reverted to blue.
I then tried the first book again & it also came out blue.
So far i've tried a few additional books but no repeat performance from Calibre - TOC remains blue.
A mystery!

Last edited by kamanza; 08-20-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Advert
Old 08-20-2012, 09:26 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamanza View Post
Something very funny is happening with Calibre: I've put both (a & a:link) codes into the CSS field & trhe first book came out with the color I wanted.
Then I tried a second book with the same (copy & paste) code & it reverted to blue.
I then tried the first book again & it also came out blue.
So far i've tried a few additional books but no repeat performance from Calibre - TOC remains blue.
A mystery!
Last definition wins

You probably have (more) code somewhere (could be the CSS or the document itself) that sets it to Blue
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:21 AM   #7
kamanza
Zealot

Quote:
You probably have (more) code somewhere (could be the CSS or the document itself) that sets it to Blue
You are right.
To check that I exploded a book pre-Calibre conversion (epub to epub) & post-conversion & compared the 2. Calibre introduces a few CSS attributes & <span>'s with "blue" in them, which were not there originally. So, even if a book gets correct colors being converted once, it reverts to blue on any further conversion.
I would consider this a BUG.

In any case, I go back to tweaking epub in Sigil & converting to mobi in Kidlegen or Mobipocket—it is much easier.

Last edited by kamanza; 08-21-2012 at 05:28 AM.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:40 PM   #8
lrui
Enthusiast

Could you attach your book?
Old 08-21-2012, 12:58 PM   #9
kamanza
Zealot

Can't do that: copyright. But i'll try to demonstrate this on some short un-copyrighted text
when i have time.

Last edited by kamanza; 08-21-2012 at 01:00 PM.