Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-10-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
kakitpro
kakitpro began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
ppt file ------> pdf file on NOOK STR

I know Nook STR doesn't support ppt file and I also find out that I can convert ppt file to pdf through Microsoft office. My question is how does the ppt look on NOOK after the conversion? Thanks!
kakitpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #2
apeine
Enthusiast
apeine will become famous soon enoughapeine will become famous soon enoughapeine will become famous soon enoughapeine will become famous soon enoughapeine will become famous soon enoughapeine will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook STR
If you root it, you can run Docstogo or similar software. PPT looks good then.
If you don't, use a PDF printer (there are several in the internet, PDF creator is the one I use the most) and print only slides, 1 per sheet. I guess it won't be that bad, but you won't get animation or sound!
apeine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2011, 03:37 PM   #3
kakitpro

Thanks!!!! I really dont care about sound or animation since most of my prof. dont put those in their powerpoint.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:08 PM   #4
VicLavigne
e-reading since 2008
VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Nook STR, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakitpro View Post
I know Nook STR doesn't support ppt file and I also find out that I can convert ppt file to pdf through Microsoft office. My question is how does the ppt look on NOOK after the conversion? Thanks!
Try it and let us know. Personally, I suspect it won't look very good, as you won't have the color that most people put in powrpoints, and powerpoints always format the output for landscape mode and I'm not sure how the Nook will handle that. But still, maybe your particular powerpoint will look fine.

Vic
VicLavigne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:07 PM   #5
kakitpro

The picture below is pdf file which i converted from powerpoint file through Microsoft office. Even though i can't zoom in or out, it's still readable to me.

Last edited by kakitpro; 11-13-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Advert
Old 11-13-2011, 09:06 PM   #6
fafaforza
Zealot
fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Aura ONE
Are there apps in Android (running on a rooted Nook Color) that allow pinch zoom, and other aids to help in viewing PDFs? They can all be different, from text size, to margins, etc, and I'm looking for something to handle those better than my PRS-650, and being able to pan around the page, zoom in and out easily and quickly would be important.
fafaforza is offline   Reply With Quote