Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-05-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
wi-fi connectivity in PB 602

Does it connect to enterprise-network-- like company and university wifi, and peer-to-peer? Kindle 3 doesn't.
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:40 PM   #2
reedreader
reedreader began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 602
I have a Pocketbook 602 and it has wifi that was fairly easy to set up. It recognized my network and several neighbor networks. It is not easy to use the internet. There is no keyboard and you have to click a main button around a pop up screen to type (it reminds me of my basic cell phone.) Also to scroll on the screen yo have to hold down the button until you get to the perfect place on the side bar. To go up or down you have to click and hold on the certain area of the scroll bar shown on the screen. It is very basic and I cannot see ever really using it to search the internet.
reedreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2011, 11:58 PM   #3
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Thanks, reedreader. My 602 is on its way. I hope Pocketbook will develop some more user-friendly keyboard.
1) Is it possible to save bookmarks of websites so one does not have to type them every time?
2) Is it possible to set to text-only mode, just to read news, blogs, etc.? Have you tried Google reader?
3) Is it easy to zoom web-pages?

Pocketbook should develop a program that allow using bluetooth microphone to input.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:44 AM   #4
miwie
Connoisseur
miwie began at the beginning.

Device: Android, PB Pro 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshzh View Post
1) Is it possible to save bookmarks of websites so one does not have to type them every time?
2) Is it possible to set to text-only mode, just to read news, blogs, etc.? Have you tried Google reader?
3) Is it easy to zoom web-pages?
1) Yes
2) No (AFAIK)
3) Not possible (AFAIK)
miwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:40 AM   #5
jshzh
Addict

Well, less distraction during reading books then, I guess ;-)
Advert