Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-26-2017, 02:10 PM   #271
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
New Humble Bundle is up, and it's for:

Humble Comics Bundle Bloom County presented by IDW Publishing, chock-full of classic and new comics set in the beloved series featuring everyone's favourite penguin, Opus, by Pulitzer Prize-winning cartoonist Berkeley Breathed (Wikipedia).

Fixed tiers of $1, $8, and $15 (no new titles added next week). This contains the complete original series as well as its spinoff Outland. There are two new books at the top tier level, compared to the Humble Bloom County Comics Bundle Presented by IDW which was offered in 2015 (and rapidly became one of the more expensive book bundles as the beat-the-average price kept going up with every sale, pushing it above the top tier, which is pretty rare), so if you missed or skipped it then, it's an even better deal now.

(I prefer the older format of blurb description, where they listed all the titles you would get per tier, but I have to admit, I like their pun-fu.)

Quote:
In full Bloom again. Head back to Bloom County with us! This time, not only do we have the complete digital collection for you, we also have the volume of all-new recent strips (Bloom County Episode XI: A New Hope) AND Berkeley Breathed's pre-Bloom-County work (Academia Waltz & Other Profound Transgressions). His entire Opus, if you will.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 01:24 PM   #272
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Groupees has a (new?) bundle for:

Dynamite Zombies and Monsters which gives you assorted runs of Evil Ernie, Reanimator, Army of Darkness and the Vampirella crossover, and Raise the Dead for $9.99, with an option for getting physical merch for a special signed issue at the $19.99 tier.

I think something may be glitchy on their website, since this was apparently just announced in their newsletter, but the site claims it's on its last day with 13 hours left. I don't recall seeing this the last couple of times I visited their site, and the number of bundles purchased thus far seems kind of low, so this may be a timedate error. (Or maybe I just really missed seeing it before and it really is the last day. )

Anyway, if you don't already have a significant portion of it, it seems a decent enough deal; I don't think I've seen the Raise the Dead issues offered before.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:06 PM   #273
ATDrake
Wizzard

New Humble Bundle is up and it's for:

Humble Comics Bundle Kevin Smith and Friends presenting assorted works worked upon by the fan-favourite filmmaker (Wikipedia), apparently all from Dynamite Entertainment, so there's going to be a bunch of repeats, but also what looks like a respectable amount of new stuff. Franchises include Green Hornet, Vampirella, Army of Darkness, The Shadow, and something called Yoga Hosers which has a Canadian flag backdrop which I am now morbidly curious about.

Fixed tiers of $1, $8, and $15 (new titles added next week), and the blurb says there's some kind of opportunity for bundle purchasers to buy an exclusive limited edition print from Dynamite. Awesomely enough, the charity this time around is “The Wayne Foundation”, which apparently actually exists outside of DC Comics.

Quote:
Kevin Smith, wordsmith. The filmmaker who created Jay and Silent Bob is here at Humble – and he brought friends! Kevin Smith's first Dynamite series, Green Hornet, featured a modern incarnation of the masked man, fighting crime undercover with his fearsomely adept female bodyguard Kato. Smith's fellow comic book collaborators, Phil Hester and Ande Parks, expanded on his saga. Now, we're offering an exclusive opportunity for fans to grab a collection of Green Hornet comics by these exceptional talents – and explore their other Dynamite work, as well!

This bundle includes the exclusive Yoga Hosers Humble Bundle Variant. As a bonus, fans who get this bundle will also get the opportunity to purchase the limited edition print version directly from Dynamite!

In addition, The Wayne Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to spreading awareness of CSEC occurring in the United States, providing direct services to young women victimized by commercial exploitation and founded by Kevin Smith, is making its debut as a charity of choice here at Humble Bundle.
Old 05-06-2017, 04:42 PM   #274
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Happy Free Comic Book Day everyone! Scored most of the ~42 books in my wandering today, and some sale Treasury books. I haven't looked yet, but I imagine Comixology and Dark Horse will be adding some of the FCBD books up shortly.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:52 PM   #275
ATDrake
Wizzard

Some of the FCBD titles are starting to show up on Comixology's Free Comics page, and there were also four new-to-me Marvel titles when I did Add All to Cart:
  • Black Widow #1 (2014)
  • Kingpin #1 (2003)
  • Captain America: Reborn #1 of 6
  • Hawkeye #1 (2003)
Also, a reminder that the Humble Comics Bundle Bloom County presented by IDW expires tomorrow on Wednesday at 11 AM Pacific Time.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:26 AM   #276
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

^ They apparently removed those FCBD books pretty fast. No 2017 books that I can see.
Old 05-10-2017, 10:39 AM   #277
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Dog eat Doug Volume 4: Enter the Baby - free
https://www.amazon.com/Dog-eat-Doug-...dp/B01EQT4DYO/
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:00 PM   #278
ATDrake
Wizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
^ They apparently removed those FCBD books pretty fast. No 2017 books that I can see.
Sorry, turns out they were actually 2016 FCBD titles, and late additions to the catalogue, oops. But at least they're finally getting some more in, and at this rate we might even see the 2017 books as soon as next year?

Anyway, the Humble Comics Bundle Kevin Smith and Friends has updated the $15 tier with a Kato annual with an exclusive cover.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:12 PM   #279
ATDrake
Wizzard

X-link to the DRM-free thread for the new Humble Bundle:

Humble Book Bundle Super Nebula Showcase presented by SFWA contains GNs which are original or adaptations for George R. R. Martin, Harlan Ellison, Neil Gaiman, William Gibson, and stories in tribute of Ray Bradbury.

Last edited by ATDrake; 05-10-2017 at 02:18 PM.
Old 05-10-2017, 03:10 PM   #280
PandathePanda
a toy panda
PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Android dvices
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
I Just added these "free" comix to my account
PandathePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:24 AM   #281
TrevorViking
Wizard

I guess they don't promote or even publish the FCBD books digitally that much because the whole point of FCBD is to get us to the local stores.

The first 2017 FCBD book has now arrived.
https://discountcomicbookservice.com...l-comic/519346

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandathePanda View Post
I Just added these "free" comix to my account
Not sure what you mean here...

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-20-2017 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 05-11-2017, 09:04 AM   #282
TrevorViking
Wizard

Also, speaking of free books, might as well re-post these reminders.

If you want to stock up on perhaps a thousand free books, feel free to do separate searches on Comixology for "preview", "sampler", "free", and "FCBD".

Also, the DC and (mostly) Marvel separate apps often have freebies that are hard to find on Comixology. I hadn't checked my Marvel iOS app in a few months and had about 8 new freebies in their freebie section. Mostly previews and kids books, but free is free.
Old 05-14-2017, 01:27 PM   #283
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dog eat Doug Volume 10 - free
https://www.amazon.com/Dog-eat-Doug-...dp/B071462ZMJ/
Old 05-16-2017, 10:59 AM   #284
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

How to Avoid Huge Ships: A Comic Book Parody - free
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071RQY22Q
Old 05-19-2017, 08:29 PM   #285
TrevorViking
Wizard

Check your Comixology email for a 70% off code from Image, which even combines with their current sale on Spawn for some amazing pricing.