Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-13-2010, 09:01 PM   #1
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
Set up Collections with Calibre

Can someone tell me how to set up collections using Calibre.

From reading I thought you just edited meta and put the collection name as a tag. That didn't work
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:48 PM   #2
Robert22
Zealot
Robert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: PRS-505 600 300 350 T1 T2 Kindle PW1 PW2 KV Clara 2E Libra 2 Leaf 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldberry View Post

From reading I thought you just edited meta and put the collection name as a tag. That didn't work
Please check it again. I do it all the time and it works for me.

Just a thought, maybe the collection tag has to exist (on the Reader) in oder for it to work. To test it, add a collection name in the Sony Library software, drag a book to it, disconnect, fire up Calibre and try again on other books.

Don't run Calibre and the Sony Library at the same time or during the same session when your Reader is connected.

HTH
Robert22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:12 AM   #3
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldberry View Post

1. Use only Calibre or the Sony Library software. Mixing the two never works.

2. Try reformatting your Sony Reader memory or card where the books are and then using Calibre to add the books onto the reader. Now the metadata tags should show up as collections

3. Make sure you have all your preferences sorted in Calibre
a. check the "sending to device" preference panel to make sure Calibre automatically manages the metadata
b. check the "advanced" prefs and look at your "plugin" for the Sony Reader - click on customize and look to see if "tags" is a value in the area to make collections on the device.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:32 AM   #4
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
Slantybard thanks for the detailed info
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote