Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-05-2017, 12:58 PM   #1
jwilker
Connoisseur
jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Libra H2O
Books on Kindle not showing up in Calibre

Latest Calibre, latest Kindle firmware (Jailbroken) on Paperwhite, MacOS

I noticed around Christmas (got some new books) that when connected, books that are 100% on the Kindle don't show up in the Device view.

Even when I've downloaded the file from amazon and have the book in my calibre library, it doesn't show as in memory, and searching on the device, gets zero results, even though I've read one of the new books already, and know the rest are there.

Figured I'd throw it out there in case anyone has seen and fixed it, or at least can validated I'm not alone
jwilker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 04:59 PM   #2
jwilker
Connoisseur
jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

No one? Just got another book, and same thing, so seemingly no new books from Amazon (sent over the air) are showing up in the "device" view on Calibre. when my Kindle is plugged in
Advert
Old 01-08-2017, 05:14 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Perhaps the books are 'Enhanced Typesetting' books in KFX format? Not sure if those will show properly in Calibre or not.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 08:29 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
KFX books on e-ink kindles will show up. On Fire's they dont. But even if they show up, it is useless, since you cannot actually transfer them to calibre or use them in any way (KFX is a device customized format, in spirit like a PDF generated for the individual device screen). Nowadays to get the actual book in MOBI or azw3 format you have to go to your manage my content page on amazon and download the book for transfer over USB, which will give you a proper ebook file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:43 AM   #5
jwilker
Connoisseur

Yeah and I've downloaded all azw3 versions, since I like to keep a copy of everything I buy on my machine. So they're in Calibre just fine. but as soon as the kindle connects, the "on device" column doesn't get a check mark. When I search on the device to match the kindle book to a book in calibre, no results. For whatever reason Calibre isn't seeing anything i'bve bought on my kindle that has come OTA.

Older books, that I've matched and such, show up just fine, just newer stuff.
Advert
Old 01-09-2017, 04:23 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilker View Post
Yeah and I've downloaded all azw3 versions, since I like to keep a copy of everything I buy on my machine. So they're in Calibre just fine. but as soon as the kindle connects, the "on device" column doesn't get a check mark. When I search on the device to match the kindle book to a book in calibre, no results. For whatever reason Calibre isn't seeing anything i'bve bought on my kindle that has come OTA.

Older books, that I've matched and such, show up just fine, just newer stuff.
It only shows IF you send FROM Calibe otherwise, they are 2 different book-formats
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 04:27 PM   #7
jwilker
Connoisseur

hmm that doesn't track with my experience. I've matched books from Kindle to calibre with no issues in the past, without overwriting the one on the kindle with the one in calibre.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:20 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's possible that amazon have changed their on device delivery format again which is breaking kfx detection, can you find the book files manually using windows explorer? Look for files with the suffix .kfx
Old 01-09-2017, 10:40 PM   #9
jwilker
Connoisseur

Yeah I can see them on the kindle browsing the device. still a .kfx file.

I don't know anything more about the file to know if anything is different.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79866/Archive.zip
Old 01-10-2017, 03:32 AM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...a3beebb3f69c75
Old 01-10-2017, 12:39 PM   #11
jwilker
Connoisseur

Woot! Thanks! Will watch for a calibre update (not sure how to path if that's a possibility)
Old 01-10-2017, 12:47 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

There are instructions in the manual on setting up calibre to run from source https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/develop.html
Old 01-10-2017, 12:55 PM   #13
jwilker
Connoisseur

My coding days are behind me I'll hold out for the next update. Knowing it's coming is enough.
So much obliged!