Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-22-2024, 10:19 AM   #361
davidjoseph1
Enthusiast
davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Onyx Boox M90, M92 (*3),M96, N96,I86ml,C67ml,Kepler,Poke,Poke2,Nova3
Quote:
Originally Posted by iienderii View Post
Anyone out there have a functioning alternative in the meantime? I'm hopeful that this plugin can be brought back into action, but if not, what else are you using to tie LCC and/or DCC codes to your Calibre library books? If at all possible, I'm hoping to not have to do it manually.
I was playing around with Tellico, which can import and export to calibre, and which can do Z39.50 queries, but it's not as beautifully robust as Library Codes has been. The boolean search language isn't flexible at all. this is Tellico 3.4.4 on Ubuntu 22.04

If I knew what I was doing in python, I would try to code up a decent calibre Z39.50 plugin, but I absolutely do not know what I am doing.
davidjoseph1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 02:11 PM   #362
webtroter
webtroter began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
It seems that Classify2 was discontinued on Jan 31st

https://www.oclc.org/go/en/classify-...tinuation.html
webtroter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2024, 09:37 AM   #363
SidJnsn
SidJnsn began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 8
Well that sucks. I was hoping to get back around to this and update the code to handle the last roadblock that arose, but scratch that.
I see that OCLC has added DDC to their Worldcat records, so that will be worth a look. Also, Anna’s Archive screen-scraped Worldcat sometime back and made the data freely available. I’m wondering if they did it before DDc was added or after.
SidJnsn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ddc, dewey decimal, lcc, library of congress, oclc