Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you a vegetarian? (Now with more options!)
I am not a vegetarian by any means. More BACON! 63 42.57%
I eat meat but I don't do so with every meal. 38 25.68%
I am not a vegetarian but I don't eat meat more than about three times a week. 11 7.43%
I am not a vegetarian but I don't eat beef or pork. Fish and poultry are the only meats I eat. 3 2.03%
I am not a strict vegetarian but I genearlly avoid meat and eat it only about once a week. 7 4.73%
I am a vegetarian but I do eat eggs or dairy products. 27 18.24%
I am a vegan and don't eat any meat, eggs, or dairy products. 6 4.05%
I avoid buying products made from animals (e.g., leather). 13 8.78%
I avoid meat for reasons of religion, conscience, or self-discipline. 12 8.11%
I avoid meat for health reasons. 3 2.03%
I avoid meat for both health reasons and reasons of religion, conscience, or self-discipline. 10 6.76%
I am a vegetarian and don't eat any meat, eggs, fish, or any other form of non-vege items, but dairy products like milk, butter, cheese are ok. 4 2.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2009, 02:45 PM   #1
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Vegetarian?

For years I've been considering becoming a vegetarian and I get a little closer every day. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of vegetarians here of various degree and I'm just curious how the demographics look at MR. So please indicate if you are or not and your "flavor", if you are and note that you can give multiple answers. Hey, it's no less a poll about ebooks that most of our other polls, so why not?

No, this is not a joke. Why are you looking at the doggie that way?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:48 PM   #2
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Vegetarian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
For years I've been considering becoming a vegetarian and I get a little closer every day. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of vegetarians here of various degree and I'm just curious how the demographics look at MR. So please indicate if you are or not and your "flavor", if you are and note that you can give multiple answers. Hey, it's no less a poll about ebooks that most of our other polls, so why not?

No, this is not a joke. Why are you looking at the doggie that way?
Because veggie bacon is horrible, and there's no poll!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2009, 02:49 PM   #3
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Ok - there is a poll now - have voted
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:49 PM   #4
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, I guess I lied. I meant this to be a multiple answer poll. A little help, please?
Old 06-24-2009, 02:50 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Well, I guess I lied. I meant this to be a multiple answer poll. A little help, please?
sadly, the only way to fix that is to make a new poll.

however, i can merge the posts from this one to the new thread, if you want to do that.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2009, 02:50 PM   #6
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Ok I voted 'I am not a vegietarian. More Bacon' but I will add that for 5 years I was when I was in my early 20's (blimey that was a time ago lol) and I went back to meat eating because I wanted a Big Mac. I know it's a sad excuse but hey ho at least it's an honest one.
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:50 PM   #7
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

You're such a dear. I'll get right on it.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:51 PM   #8
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Vegetarian? H E doublestringbeans NO!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:55 PM   #9
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
goggie no like baykon no moe?
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:00 PM   #10
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

what ?? no more bacon for you ????

i'm a vegetarian, have been my whole life. i don't eat "anything with a face" as a friend once put it. i do eat eggs and dairy products ("i like cheese." ).

i have three reasons for this choice which probably are equally weighted :
  • habit. it's how i've always eaten so it's quite natural for me, i don't have to think too hard about it.
  • ethics. i am very uncomfortable with the human-centric point of view of many people and i consider that animals deserve respect and good treatment just as much as humans do. and most particularly i find factory farming practices to be barbaric and i refuse to support them. i buy only organic eggs from chickens who are living outside, and try to buy "small producer" milk and cheese products from local family farms. they are a bit more expensive, but i think it's worth it.
  • taste. as a vegetarian, you get a lot of meat-eaters telling you "you don't know what you're missing !" or "how can you give up such delicious food !" so to shut them up at various times i've tasted some kinds of meat, and i can therefore confirm that i don't like it. i've never tasted fish or any kind of crustacean, because the smell and sight of it alone are enough to turn my stomach. even if i weren't a vegetarian, i wouldn't eat fish.

i don't proselytize and i get very annoyed by people who try to convert me, particularly with such spurious arguments as "but they're just animals / fish / birds, they're MADE to be eaten !"
Old 06-24-2009, 03:04 PM   #11
zelda_pinwheel

sorry, when i saw the poll i realised i have *four* reasons, and the fourth is :

health. no chicken à la dioxine (etc., etc., etc.) for me, thanks.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:09 PM   #12
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
VR, you know why your poll got just a wee bit off track right out of the gate?

Because you've been practicing that vegetarianism thingie over there at the 99 bottles thread with all that harley and bops, I mean barley and hops, yeh, those liquid grainy things.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:19 PM   #13
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Where is the "Vegetarians are delicious" option?
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:20 PM   #14
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Where is the "Vegetarians are delicious" option?
*and* nutritious. most of us are healthier than meat-eaters. plus all those veggies we eat are packed with vitamines.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:21 PM   #15
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I prefer to ear vegetarians, not be one.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote