Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-08-2022, 03:11 AM   #481
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
That looks promising. Thank you @Comfy.n

I have seen mention of that site once or twice on the forum here, but not really paid too much attention to it. I'll have bring it into my circle of sites I visit and make use of it more.
Karellen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 10:44 AM   #482
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
In your avatar, is the old man flirting? Or helping with computer issues? The lady at the computer doesn't seem too sure.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2022, 10:52 AM   #483
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Gabriel Knight books by Jane Jensen: Sins of the Fathers and The Beast Within. A different book of hers, Dante's Equation is available, so she obviously has an interest in ebooks. My guess would be the Gabriel Knight books are tied up in legal issues.
Old 11-08-2022, 10:53 AM   #484
Cactus Chef
Addict
Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD, Galaxy Tab S5e, Kindle 4th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
In your avatar, is the old man flirting? Or helping with computer issues? The lady at the computer doesn't seem too sure.
"Our mission: Tech Support for seniors, by seniors"
Cactus Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 10:58 AM   #485
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Chef View Post
"Our mission: Tech Support for seniors, by seniors"
There's the mission and there's the photo
Advert
Old 11-08-2022, 12:48 PM   #486
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Possibly a look of annoyance brought on by mansplaining?
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 02:20 PM   #487
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I hadn't thought of that.
Old 11-08-2022, 03:08 PM   #488
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
lol!
Comfy.n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 02:22 PM   #489
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Peter Weiss, Aesthetik des Widerstands
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 02:56 PM   #490
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

I watched a video last night, a guy showing some schlocky old horror novels he picked up. I looked them up on Amazon and almost every one was available as an inexpensive ebook.
Old 11-21-2022, 10:03 AM   #491
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I've waited (I think) 15 years for this to appear as an ebook. (I was so desperate that I purchased the Audible version 3 months ago.)

And I own the hardback. I only have about 20-25 years left to live!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Infante'sInferno.jpg
Views:	1764
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	197903  
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 10:04 AM   #492
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
I watched a video last night, a guy showing some schlocky old horror novels he picked up. I looked them up on Amazon and almost every one was available as an inexpensive ebook.

What were the titles!!??
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 11:58 AM   #493
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
What were the titles!!??
I don't remember 'em all. There were a couple of Dean Koontz and John Saul and a couple that were not available. But here's those I tucked away (note, the current covers may look like garbage, but check the originals):

Steve Vance - The Abyss

S.K. Epperson - The Neighborhood

Douglas D. Hawk - Moonslasher

David Shobin - The Unborn

William Hill - Dawn of the Vampire

Mort Castle - Cursed Be the Child

Douglas D. Hawk - The Devouring (ebook retitled as On Wings of Leather)

Last edited by ZodWallop; 11-21-2022 at 12:02 PM.
Old 11-22-2022, 11:46 AM   #494
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I m reading Boys from Biloxi by John Grisham I am 200 pages in and NOTHING has really happened yet. Its all "padding" I have never been this bored on a book. I think I am going to skip to the end. What a waste of $15
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 12:23 PM   #495
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I've been trying to find a digital edition of this book (Daybreak: 2250 AD by Andre Norton:

https://smile.amazon.com/Daybreak-D-...dp/B002Z541W6/

I have the above edition (borrowed it from a friend who moved to St Croix several years ago), but am afraid to read it (or attempt to scan it) as it would probably crack the spine.

I read it as a teenager but would like to read it again.

It's available for 'borrowing' on archive.org (read in browser) but not sure I can handle reading it that way.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote