Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-20-2022, 11:02 AM   #301
igorius
Zealot
igorius began at the beginning.

Device: ipad & inkpad X
Hello,
I installed MCS and when i tried to use it, i found that in certain parts of MCS the font is so small that i am not able to read it.
See the attached pic...
Is there any way to change that?
Thanks very much!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2022-06-20 um 16.56.03.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	194455  
igorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 03:15 AM   #302
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Version 1.0.89

Version 1.0.89 - 14 April 2022 Qt6 Compatibility. Minimum Calibre Version 5.99.8.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2022, 12:01 AM   #303
applegaa
Connoisseur
applegaa began at the beginning.

In my calibre library, I have two columns I use in "Lookup/Search Name [1]". They are #lastupdated and #lastread. #lastupdated is populated by FanFicFare using metadata pulled from the web site (usually RoyalRoad or ScribbleHub). #lastread is set by me manually in Calibre. My first search criteria is that #lastupdated > #lastread. However it doesn't always pick up all of the actual matches. For example, the story "Falling with Folded Wings" on RoyalRoad shows a #lastupdated date of "18 Aug 2022" and a #lastread date of "17 Aug 2022" but was not included in the search results. It only happens when those two dates are one day apart and even then only rarely. I don't think this can be a problem with my column definitions, but I don't have a clue what's going on. Both columns are of type Date with matching formats.

Oh, I should also mention that "Lookup/Search Name [2]" simply checks that "#lastread > 0" so it only shows stories I've started reading. I also have a Final Filter to make sure that a Yes/No flag column is set to TRUE. Those are the only things I've set within MCS. MCS normally works on the stories that it occasionally misses so I don't think the problem is other MCS settings either.

- Andrew
applegaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 11:19 AM   #304
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

YYYYMMDD format in universal time (GMT)

MCS uses the raw database value of dates in YYYYMMDD format in universal time (GMT) for datetime #custom columns for comparison. That will not change.

Since you have this issue due to your local time zone, simply search using '<=' instead of '<', and afterwards sort the final result rows shown in the Library View of Calibre 'descending' by the appropriate column.

Standard Calibre searches in local time if that is important to you.

DaltonST
Old 08-21-2022, 06:08 PM   #305
applegaa
Connoisseur
applegaa began at the beginning.

Thanks for the explanation. I don't think that '<=' is a good solution for me, as having false positives will happen more often than these false negatives, so I guess I'll just have them show up a day late on occasion. Thanks again for responding!

- Andrew
applegaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2022, 04:30 PM   #306
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.90 TXT Queries Tab: Add searching of Calibre's FTS DB

Version 1.0.90 - 30 October 2022 TXT Queries Tab: Add searching of full-text-search.db if a format of .txt does not already exist.

Many Fan Fiction users download their stories in TXT format, and also use the TXT Queries Tab option to update Custom Columns based on their Queries.

See the attached image.

Added: Examples of Custom Column "Types" that this Tab was designed to update based on their Queries is shown in another image below. So, any "textual" Custom Column may be used: Comma Separated (Like Tags); Ampersand Separated (Like Authors); Comments (Short Text or Long Text).

For simple textual values to be updated, and that do not need to be in the Tag Browser, choose "Comments Like Short Text (e.g. a Title).

To test your regular expressions before you try to update anything, I recommend: https://pythex.org/

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Multi-Column Search TXT Queries Using Either Calibre FTS DB or Book TXT Formats as in FF.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	540.8 KB
ID:	197468   Click image for larger version

Name:	FanFictionCustomColumnsUpdatedByMCSExampleTypes Preferences - Add your own columns.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	197513  

Last edited by DaltonST; 11-03-2022 at 04:50 PM. Reason: More info
Old 11-04-2022, 04:04 PM   #307
killo3967
killo3967 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Select capture group from Text Search

Hi.

First, thanks for this plugin.

I'm doing a "text search" looking for the "epub revision" text which is inside the book in the possible formats:

ePUB v1.1
ePub v1.1
epub v1.1
ePUB r1.1
ePub r1.1
epub r1.1
EPUB v1.1
EPub v1.1
Epub v1.1
EPUB r1.1
EPub r1.1
Epub r1.1

I use this regular expression:

(e|E)(PUB|pub|Pub)\s(v|r)(\d\.\d)

And works fine.

But the problem is when i want to replace my custom column "#revision" with only the numbers and not all the text. I don´t know who to extract the capture group 4 (\d\.\d) and insert it, instead all the text.

Now i have "ePub r1.3" instead of "1.3"

Could you help me?
killo3967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 05:02 PM   #308
DaltonST
Deviser

3 different regexes possible (only #1 is required)

To test your regular expressions before you try to update anything, I recommend: https://pythex.org/

See the 2 images at the bottom of: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=24

Read the ToolTips in the image of the MCS Tab.

In MCS in the TXT Query Tab, there are actually 3 different regexes possible (only #1 is required):

[#1] Your (e|E)(PUB|pub|Pub)\s(v|r)(\d\.\d) which is the TXT Query itself.

[#2] The "Filter Using Custom Column" regex, which you do NOT need here.

[#3] The "Update This Custom Column" regex, which looks at the text returned by your #1 above: "(e|E)(PUB|pub|Pub)\s(v|r)(\d\.\d)". So, #3 must take the text like "ePub r1.3" and extract only the "1.3".

Your #revision Custom Column must be textual, not numeric or any other Type. Refer to the 2nd image in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=24

The answer to your question of "What regex #3 should I use?" is shown with its test case in an image below: [0-9.]+

Personally, I would not have used any capture groups since the MCS function looks at all of the returned text, and not any single group results. You cannot specify in MCS which group to use. All of it is always used, so your regex must not require a specific group be used. See the 3d image below for a simpler regex to use instead of your grouped #1. "EPUB [rv][0-9.]+" using IGNORECASE.

The MCS TXT Query regular expression function always compiles with IGNORECASE. Makes things much simpler. The Python regex compile is:
re.escape("\\")
p = re.compile(re_string, re.IGNORECASE|re.DOTALL|re.MULTILINE)
match = p.search(s_string)

Note that since it uses MULTILINE and DOTALL, in some cases it would be necessary to specify where the selected text ends, such as with a trailing \s* . Search the web for: "regular expressions how to stop selection of characters at new-line".

Also see the related image here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...21&postcount=2
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	regular expression number 1.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	197528   Click image for larger version

Name:	regular expression number 3.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	197529   Click image for larger version

Name:	simpler regex 1.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	197530  

Last edited by DaltonST; 11-25-2022 at 12:04 PM. Reason: added new link to image
Old 11-04-2022, 08:21 PM   #309
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Well we already have the revision number. With this plugin.
The translator and the original Title with the Js+ plugin
Now I'm struggling with the edit date
<span class="tdate">06-02-2018</span></p>

Thanks for these plugins and for sharing the experiences
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 01:07 PM   #310
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.91 TXT Queries Tab: improved ToolTips & miscellany

Version 1.0.91 - 05 November 2022 TXT Queries Tab: improved ToolTips & miscellany.

DaltonST
Old 11-05-2022, 01:30 PM   #311
killo3967

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post

See the 2 images at the bottom of: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=24

Read the ToolTips in the image of the MCS Tab.

In MCS in the TXT Query Tab, there are actually 3 different regexes possible (only #1 is required):

[#1] Your (e|E)(PUB|pub|Pub)\s(v|r)(\d\.\d) which is the TXT Query itself.

[#2] The "Filter Using Custom Column" regex, which you do NOT need here.

[#3] The "Update This Custom Column" regex, which looks at the text returned by your #1 above: "(e|E)(PUB|pub|Pub)\s(v|r)(\d\.\d)". So, #3 must take the text like "ePub r1.3" and extract only the "1.3".

Your #revision Custom Column must be textual, not numeric or any other Type. Refer to the 2nd image in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=24

The answer to your question of "What regex #3 should I use?" is shown with its test case in an image below: [0-9.]+

Personally, I would not have used any capture groups since the MCS function looks at all of the returned text, and not any single group results. You cannot specify in MCS which group to use. All of it is always used, so your regex must not require a specific group be used. See the 3d image below for a simpler regex to use instead of your grouped #1. "EPUB [rv][0-9.]+" using IGNORECASE.

The MCS TXT Query regular expression function always compiles with IGNORECASE. Makes things much simpler. The Python regex compile is:
re.escape("\\")
p = re.compile(re_string, re.IGNORECASE|re.DOTALL|re.MULTILINE)
match = p.search(s_string)

Note that since it uses MULTILINE and DOTALL, in some cases it would be necessary to specify where the selected text ends, such as with a trailing \s* . Search the web for: "regular expressions how to stop selection of characters at new-line"

Thank you very much.
Your answer was very enlightening and I have already seen my problem, using regular expressions. I come from .net and in python they are slightly different.
Old 11-05-2022, 03:56 PM   #312
DaltonST
Deviser

https://www.regular-expressions.info/dot.html

.NET regexes are often not compatible with Python, Perl, etc. due to greediness and end-of-line differences. Calibre uses the Python engine for regular expressions.

The article has some interesting tips.

DaltonST
Old 11-07-2022, 12:22 PM   #313
killo3967

TXT Query hangs on a big regex expression

Hello

I am trying to extract the date on which the content of the book was created. This date is found in title.xhtml with this format:

<p class="ePUBfirma"><strong class="sans">Wolfman2408</strong> <code class="ePUBfecha sans">24.05.13</code></p>

I have used the following regular expression in a "TXT Query"

^(?!.*(\bfax\b|\bisbn\b|\blegal\b)).*((0?[1-9]|[123]\d)[-](0?[1-9]|1[012])[-]([1][9]|[2][0])?\d\d)|((0?[1-9]|[123]\d)[\/](0?[1-9]|1[012])[\/]([1][9]|[2][0])?\d\d)|((0?[1-9]|[123]\d)[\.](0?[1-9]|1[012])[\.]([1][9]|[2][0])?\d\d)$

It is so complex, because there are false positives when it finds numbers after the 'isbn', 'fax' or 'legal deposit' expressions, as well as in the numerical formats and their separators.

I have done checking the regular expression in pythex:

https://pythex.org/?regex=%5E(%3F!.*...ll=1&verbose=0

And it's works, inserting the date in a column called "generated".

The problem is that it takes almost 30 seconds per book, and when i select 40 or more books the program hangs.

Is this normal or is a fault in the regex or in the plugin?

Is there a way to format the output to replace the date separators '.' and '-' with '/' ?

Thank you
Old 11-07-2022, 12:42 PM   #314
DaltonST
Deviser

The text in the FTS db column being searched is not html. Text.

Your regex is highly complex, likely causing endless repetitive backtracking by the re module in Python. Hence, it will be slow.

Remember too that Python re's quantifiers are 'greedy' by default.

See the tooltips re: IGNORECASE, MULTILINE and DOTALL.

You are responsible for all formatting using standard Calibre tools.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 11-07-2022 at 01:26 PM.
Old 11-08-2022, 10:33 AM   #315
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.92 TXT Queries Tab Improvements

Version 1.0.92 - 08 November 2022 TXT Queries Tab: improved ToolTips; improved GUI responsiveness while executing searches with highly complex regular expressions and long books.

DaltonST

Tags
columns, search