Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-08-2012, 07:42 PM   #1
saiyuki
Enthusiast
saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: binatone ReadMe, Kobo Touch, Scroll Extreme 2
Calibre/KT Connection Problem

Hi. I've just got this error come up when trying to connect my Kobo Touch to Calibre -

Failed to access files in the main memory of your device. You should contact the device manufacturer for support. Common fixes are: try a different USB cable/USB port on your computer. If you device has a "Reset to factory defaults" type of setting somewhere, use it. Underlying error: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'J:\\driveinfo.calibre'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 82, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 319, in _get_device_information
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 107, in get_device_information
IOError: Failed to access files in the main memory of your device. You should contact the device manufacturer for support. Common fixes are: try a different USB cable/USB port on your computer. If you device has a "Reset to factory defaults" type of setting somewhere, use it. Underlying error: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'J:\\driveinfo.calibre'

But when using the Calibre Debug Detection app it reports -

Looking for devices...
u'usb\\vid_2237&pid_4163&rev_0326'
Detected possible device KOBO

Devices possibly connected: Kobo Reader Device Interface,
Trying to open Kobo Reader Device Interface ... OK
Main memory: 'J:\\'
Total space: (1469030400, 0, 0)

I've reset the Kobo to factory defaults, and tried different usb cables and slots on the pc but still no joy.

As i recently upgraded to Calibre V1.8.46 i thought it might be that, but i had deleted my back-up of V1.8.45 prior to installing the update, and now cannot find that version to re-download and compare it to V1.8.46.

I don't know if it's the Kobo, Calibre, or my system playing up. Has this occured with anyone else or could some kind person provide a link to V1.8.45 so i can test please.

Regards

Saiyuki
saiyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #2
saiyuki
Enthusiast
saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just an update. I have the same problem and error message when i tried my Samsung phone.

Regards

saiyuki
Advert
Old 04-08-2012, 11:14 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....n-denied-error
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:44 AM   #4
saiyuki
Enthusiast

Thanks for the link.

Regards Saiyuki