Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 12-25-2017, 08:31 PM   #2131
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I listened to The Collected Works of Arthur C Clarke. Huge book so went audio
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 11:42 AM   #2132
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
I've started Mythos: A Retelling of the Myths of Ancient Greece written and narrated by Stephen Fry. Up to his usual standards, a fun listen/read.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2017, 11:51 AM   #2133
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I've started Mythos: A Retelling of the Myths of Ancient Greece written and narrated by Stephen Fry. Up to his usual standards, a fun listen/read.
Yes, that's one I dip into whenever I have at least a solid hour on the road. Wonderful job, and a real pleasure. But not one I can listen to in 10 minute segments! For that, I'm currently listening to PD James, The Death of an Expert Witness. Number 6 in her Dalgliesh series, and very well read by Daniel Weyman.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 06:11 PM   #2134
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Hum, doesn't appear to be available in the US. Bummer.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 06:16 PM   #2135
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Hum, doesn't appear to be available in the US. Bummer.
Bummer, indeed. I would hope that at some point that would change, but you could always go for a trial at AmazonUK. I actually find their prices better than AmazonUS, adjusting for current exchange rate.
Advert
Old 01-01-2018, 10:57 AM   #2136
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I'm starting 2018 with The Once and Future King. I had planned to start 2017 with The Once and Future King, but I was in the middle of a series binge as 2016 ended and then never quite got to it. This year, I made sure to clear the decks so I could plunge right into T. H. White's classic.

Actually, I've been not-reading this book for years--a big reason I joined Audible in the first place several years ago was to get this book when it was on sale for $5, I think it was. It is a favorite book, read several times but not revisited in many years.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 01:24 PM   #2137
CRussel
(he/him/his)

I've got that book in by audio TBR, Catlady. Read once, many years ago, and I grabbed it when it was on sale too. Haven't read it yet, though.

Right now, finishing up PD James' The Death of an Expert Witness, read by Daniel Weyman. Not sure what's up next, probably the new Foreigner book which should be out this week.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:38 PM   #2138
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Near the halfway point in Oathbringer. I would like to be whisper syncing it like I did the first two, but $18 for the ebook is hard to swallow. I'm one of 50 holds on 10 'copies' from the library, but I suspect I'll finish it on audio before my number comes up.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:39 AM   #2139
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I've got that book in by audio TBR, Catlady. Read once, many years ago, and I grabbed it when it was on sale too. Haven't read it yet, though.
The narrator--Neville Jason--is fantastic!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:31 PM   #2140
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Today I am listening to Virgin River Christmas by Robyn Carr. I figured I'd better get to it while it's still the Christmas season.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:51 PM   #2141
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Today I'm starting to listen to Neogenesis, the 21st book in the Liaden Universe from Sharon Lee and Steve Miller. Read by Eileen Stevens, who has done many of the books in this series. This should be a lot of fun! I read the eARC several months ago, but listening is always different.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:24 PM   #2142
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I started the year listening to a book I've had since 2010 and hadn't yet heard: Pandora's Star. Alas, it has terrible modulation problems. I read on Audible that the problem is better handled listening to it via headphones, so I'll do that. So, I moved on to Elantris by Brandon Sanderson. Good so far.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 12:10 AM   #2143
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
So, I moved on to Elantris by Brandon Sanderson. Good so far.
Traditional ebook or Graphic Audio version? The 'radio play' version is worth it if you can get your hands on it.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 09:11 AM   #2144
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Currently listening to Grace by Natashia Deón (narratedby Lisa Reneé Pitts, but there have been so many distractions while it's been playing that I'll probably listen to this one again before the year is out. It's narrated by a slave from the old South and centers on the life of her daughter, who never knew her mother as she was killed when her daughter was born.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:10 PM   #2145
Alohamora
Evangelist
Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Fire tablet, ios phone
I just finished Lousiana Longshot. It's a really fun cozy, just so long as you can suspend disbelief on all the coincidences and improbable situations. I found it worthwhile for the high degree of creativity, not your usual forumulaic cozy.

Free on US Amazon and $1.99 to add the Audible version.

Last edited by Alohamora; 01-09-2018 at 10:15 PM.
Alohamora is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audible, audiobooks, recommendations