Notices

Old 06-22-2011, 07:47 AM   #1
PauloCoe
PauloCoe began at the beginning.

Device: none
InDesign to Epub (empty pages)

Hello

I have got a strange problem.

When I export my single chapters from InDesing to epub and then open it with the reader everything is fine.

If I combine the chapter to one book and export it then it does show all the pages but ONLY THE FIRST ONE WITH CONTENT. (image and text) all the following pages are completly empty.

Any ideas why?

I am using InDesign CS4 and the page format is 768 x 1024 pixels.

thank a lot in advance.

Cheers,
Paulo
PauloCoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:56 AM   #2
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: none
Hello Paulo,

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauloCoe View Post
If I combine the chapter to one book and export it then it does show all the pages but ONLY THE FIRST ONE WITH CONTENT. (image and text) all the following pages are completly empty.
I guess that the problem is caused by invalid XHTML syntax in the content page. Firefox 4 is more sensible concerning these type of errors than earlier versions.

Did you write the book yourself? If so, it would be the easiest, if you send me the epub so I can check it. Here you find my email address: http://www.epubread.com/contact.php.

If this is a commercial book, you should do the following:
- Open the Firefox error console via "Tools/Error console" and delete all entries via the "clear" button
- Open the empty pages directly in Firefox via "File/File open"
- Check again the error console. Probably you will see there now some warnings or error messages which hopefully give a hint what the problem is
mikelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert