Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-18-2016, 07:14 PM   #121
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by marinai View Post
i've used this plug-in for years and it worked well till about 2 weeks ago, when i there seemed to have been and update to the plug in. After I installed, I started getting errors: ERROR:Unhandled exception (name of the window).
AttributeError:type object 'Image' has no attribute 'img'

i have a screenshot.

This happens with Kindle 3 (keyboard).

i've removed and re-added the plugin with same results.
The plugin hasn't changed but calibre's standard image handling has recently changed.

It wouldn't have surprised me if you'd said that you now had a problem using the plugin with your Pocketbook because I believe the creation of BMP format images is no longer supported by calibre. However, if the problem is with a Kindle then that obviously isn't the problem.

You will need to supply more detailed info because I don't have a Kindle to troubleshoot the problem myself.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 07:30 PM   #122
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@marinai,

In addition to a screenshot showing the error details, please will you also post a screenshot of your Copy Cover Config screen.
Advert
Old 06-19-2016, 12:04 PM   #123
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

@marinai,

Don't bother with the screenshots, I know what the problem is.

I've been in touch with Kovid. The fix will be in the next release of calibre v2.60 which will probably be a couple of weeks from now. No need to do anything with the current version of Copy Cover plugin. It should work OK after the 2.60 release. If you're 'running calibre from source' the fix is available immediately.

If any other Kindle users are reading this ... as far as I can tell, the only Kindle models affected are those older than the Kindle Touch which are using NiLuJe's Custom Screensaver hack.
Old 06-19-2016, 10:44 PM   #124
marinai
marinai began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 4/KPW-3/Kindle3/Pocketbook-Touch Lux3/Kobo-Elipsa
sorry i didn't respond right away. I, somehow, didn't get the notice of your reply. Glad you figured out the solution.

Thanks.

Marina
marinai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 09:36 PM   #125
klondikemarlen
klondikemarlen began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch (sv 1.2.1) [Model: BNRV300] {rooted}
Plugin stopped working this week

I can't believe how long this plugin lasted! I've been using it for so many years I didn't realize it hadn't been updated in years either.

RIP copy_cover_to_device

Worked until Calibre 4.99.x?
klondikemarlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2020, 10:02 PM   #126
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Don't use a Python 3 beta if you rely on unported plugins?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 10:18 AM   #127
klondikemarlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Don't use a Python 3 beta if you rely on unported plugins?
Ha, I'm on Ubuntu (20.04) ... so my version isn't beta. Looks like all the source of the plugin is in Python ... so I might be able to port it over on the weekend, depending on how readable the Calibre API docs are.
Old 05-01-2020, 10:58 AM   #128
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yes, yes it is.

Python 2's EoL means that distributions are slowly (or not so slowly) dropping Py2-only packages.

With a very few exceptions, Linux distributions have been uniformly terrible at packaging Calibre (and/or making it clear that they're mangling the packaging for x or y reason).

Calibre's Python 3 port happens to be mostly complete, as far as Calibre *itself* is concerned. That doesn't include plugins. But it's still technically unreleased (hence the .99 version scheme).

TL;DR: You can indeed either fix it yourself, wait for someone to port it, drop the plugin, or switch to Kovid's binary releases of the *stable*, Python 2 powered main branch.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-01-2020 at 11:01 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 11:07 AM   #129
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by klondikemarlen View Post
Ha, I'm on Ubuntu (20.04) ... so my version isn't beta.
Well, yes, it is beta (and probably an out-of-date beta, at that) even if Ubuntu thinks otherwise. You should be using v4.14 downloaded from the official calibre website if you want any existing plugins to work properly.

Quote:
Looks like all the source of the plugin is in Python ... so I might be able to port it over on the weekend.
No need, I'll do it if you can test it afterwards. I no longer have a working device (Sony) to easily test the necessary changes.

I must admit I had no idea that anyone would still be using this plugin. It's about 9 years since I was using a reader which needed it. I wasn't even planning to port it to python3 but if there are still some current users I guess I'd better rethink that.

Last edited by jackie_w; 05-01-2020 at 01:11 PM.
Old 05-01-2020, 01:50 PM   #130
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

@klondikemarlen,

Try the attached update. It should work for any calibre v4.x.x version. You shouldn't need to change your config options. Just install and go.

I don't think this affects you but it is no longer possible to support PocketBook devices in this plugin because the calibre image processing utilities it uses stopped supporting the creation of BMP format images some time between July 2014 and June 2016.

Last edited by jackie_w; 05-13-2020 at 12:13 PM. Reason: removed attached .zip. Released official update in post #1
Old 05-03-2020, 06:56 PM   #131
milady133
Groupie
milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Hisense A5
Thanks, @jackie_w, I'll test it with my Nook Simple Touch someday next week. I still keep it as backup ereader, and charge it from time to time. I moved to Kobo ereaders some years ago, but when my "go every where" ereader gets broken, I rescue it while I get a replacement (about two years ago since my last temporary use)
milady133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 11:27 AM   #132
klondikemarlen

Yay! It works!

Thanks! My Nook Simple Touch lives! (its so worn out though, like a well loved old book )

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
@klondikemarlen,

Try the attached update. It should work for any calibre v4.x.x version. You shouldn't need to change your config options. Just install and go.

I don't think this affects you but it is no longer possible to support PocketBook devices in this plugin because the calibre image processing utilities it uses stopped supporting the creation of BMP format images some time between July 2014 and June 2016.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:48 PM   #133
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Maintenance upgrade 2.0.4

• Maintenance upgrade for python3 compatibility.
  • Support for PocketBook devices has been removed. See last paragraph of post #130 above for more detail.

Plugin should now work with any calibre v4.x.x, including the python3 beta versions (4.99.x).

I'm amazed anyone is still using this plugin but, as it appears there are a few of you, I'm releasing this update in preparation for calibre's move to python3 later this year.

If any problems, please report them here.
Old 05-16-2020, 03:17 PM   #134
milady133
Groupie
milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Hisense A5
Tested yesterday with my old Nook Simple Touch, it works perfectly. Thanks for the upgrade

Enviado desde mi HLTE202N mediante Tapatalk
milady133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 03:35 PM   #135
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thanks! My Nook Simple Touch lives! (its so worn out though, like a well loved old book )
Quote:
Originally Posted by milady133 View Post
Tested yesterday with my old Nook Simple Touch, it works perfectly. Thanks for the upgrade
Thanks to both of you for testing the new version

Tags
plugin, pocketbook, sony