Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-29-2011, 01:38 AM   #91
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
The norm is for the book to have a cover.
ok - as Sony was already getting covers for its thumbnails from calibre, I thought that the internal-to-epub cover was redundant. ... as tapping a cover on Sony would open the book and... show you another picture of the cover! ... and often the NEXT page is a display in text of the book title & author ... just in case you are still not sure what book you are planning to read....if you ever get pass all of this filler....

Last edited by cybmole; 09-29-2011 at 02:45 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:30 PM   #92
chrisakavern
Keep on Nook'in
chrisakavern doesn't litterchrisakavern doesn't litter

Device: NOOK (Original) & NOOK Color (N2A)
Jackie, recently tried your plug-in, and it works great on my nook. Could it be possible to add the option to copy the same cover into the wallpaper directory so that with one step your screensaver and wallpaper would be the same book cover.

I was able to do this manually but it would be nice if the plug in had an option to do it for you.
chrisakavern is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2011, 05:28 AM   #93
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisakavern View Post
Jackie, recently tried your plug-in, and it works great on my nook. Could it be possible to add the option to copy the same cover into the wallpaper directory so that with one step your screensaver and wallpaper would be the same book cover.

I was able to do this manually but it would be nice if the plug in had an option to do it for you.
I'm afraid using my PC is rather painful at the moment due to some kind of tendonitis so I'm not able to do any development. Even so, I don't think this feature would be usable by anyone other than Nook users (correct me if I'm wrong) so I'm not terribly enthusiastic.

How is the wallpaper feature different to the screensaver feature?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:09 AM   #94
chrisakavern
Keep on Nook'in
chrisakavern doesn't litterchrisakavern doesn't litter

Device: NOOK (Original) & NOOK Color (N2A)
The screensaver comes up when the device goes to sleep and the wallpaper shows whenever you do not have a book open.
chrisakavern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:43 AM   #95
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
Hello Jackie,

Sorry to hear about the tendonitus. Once you're better would you mind updating the plugin to be compatible with the Kindle Touch and the simple screensaver mod.
The custom screensaver mod doesn't work with the Touch.
With the simple screensaver mod the screen shots are dumped into the following folder:
<device>:\screenshots
They have the limitation of having to be called:
bg_xsmall_ss**.png with the ** being a 2 digit number from 00 to 99.
They also can't have a gap, so it couldn't go from 05 to 10 without having 06-09 there as well.

Sorry to be a nuisance (I would use custom screensaver however it doesn't work on 5.1.2) and thanks for a great plugin, I look forward to being able to use it in the future.
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2012, 12:05 PM   #96
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I'm afraid using my PC is rather painful at the moment due to some kind of tendonitis so I'm not able to do any development. Even so, I don't think this feature would be usable by anyone other than Nook users (correct me if I'm wrong) so I'm not terribly enthusiastic.

How is the wallpaper feature different to the screensaver feature?
ouch - tendonitis / RSI is a bitch - I've tried every mouse/trackball ever invented to work-around mine & the best solution by far is to do very little PC stuff.

take a break, watch some movies, plug in an xbox controller & play some games ( uses different muscles than mouse / KB).

massages are nice but they just fool you into feeling OK so you go bck to PC & inflict more damage
Old 08-14-2012, 12:11 PM   #97
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Please read the date. The message about the tendonitis that jackie_w posted is from November 11, 2011, almost a year ago.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:58 PM   #98
cybmole
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Please read the date. The message about the tendonitis that jackie_w posted is from November 11, 2011, almost a year ago.
whoops - sorry -

but the mobileread web site sent me a "new" post , labelled "today" - which began with "sorry about the tendonitis" - ( the one immediately below mine ).
I reacted to that without checking all the dates of previous posts.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:12 PM   #99
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the concern, guys. The message may be old but unfortunately still relevant. It's now under a little better control but flares up regularly in both elbows, particularly with too much typing, e.g. coding.

Bah! I hate getting old -- but I suppose it's better than the alternative.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #100
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akirainblack View Post
Hello Jackie,

Sorry to hear about the tendonitus. Once you're better would you mind updating the plugin to be compatible with the Kindle Touch and the simple screensaver mod.
The custom screensaver mod doesn't work with the Touch.
With the simple screensaver mod the screen shots are dumped into the following folder:
<device>:\screenshots
They have the limitation of having to be called:
bg_xsmall_ss**.png with the ** being a 2 digit number from 00 to 99.
They also can't have a gap, so it couldn't go from 05 to 10 without having 06-09 there as well.

Sorry to be a nuisance (I would use custom screensaver however it doesn't work on 5.1.2) and thanks for a great plugin, I look forward to being able to use it in the future.
I will have a look at this. If it can be done without having to restructure the whole plugin I'll have a go. For the reasons already stated it will take me longer than normal to code and test.

However, before I do anything I'd like you to:
  • post a link to the 'official' MR Kindle thread which contains all the details about the 'simple screensaver mod' of which you speak. I tried a search in the Kindle forum and there seems to be several different screensaver mod threads. I don't want to have to read all of them. At some point I would have to update the Copy Cover plugin documentation and I don't want to be giving any Kindle Touch users bad advice or false hope.
  • commit to doing all beta-testing I think necessary.
  • answer any questions I may have in a timely manner. I don't have a Kindle Touch or any other Kindle for that matter. Things where you may think 'everybody knows that about Kindles' you should assume I won't know unless you tell me.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:21 PM   #101
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Thanks for the concern, guys. The message may be old but unfortunately still relevant. It's now under a little better control but flares up regularly in both elbows, particularly with too much typing, e.g. coding.

Bah! I hate getting old -- but I suppose it's better than the alternative.
Other then not really using the computer, is there anything that can be done?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #102
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Other then not really using the computer, is there anything that can be done?
After various tests/jabs/physios, "pain management" not surgery is the current recommendation. Still got another scan to go. The good old British National Health Service may be free but it moves at the speed of continental drift if it's not life-threatening.

The Docs have not actually advised me to stop doing anything, it's just that I've noticed excessive typing leads to flare-ups. May as well tell me to stop eating as to stop using a computer. I guess moderation and common-sense are the key-words.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:58 PM   #103
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I have found that the following things help with typing induced RSI, in my wrists (maybe they dont apply for elbows, I have no idea):

1) Excercise the wrists (basically lifting weights)
2) Take frequent breaks from the keyboard (every hour or so and flex the hands for a few minutes)
3) Dont use a mouse (I have all my frequently used software setup so that I very rarely need to use a mouse)

Those three cured my wrist problems. Indeed I no longer need to do (2).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:35 AM   #104
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
Quote:
[*]post a link to the 'official' MR Kindle thread which contains all the details about the 'simple screensaver mod' of which you speak. I tried a search in the Kindle forum and there seems to be several different screensaver mod threads. I don't want to have to read all of them. At some point I would have to update the Copy Cover plugin documentation and I don't want to be giving any Kindle Touch users bad advice or false hope.
I'm sorry I don't have a link to the "official" MR Kindle thread for simple screensaveer mod, all I have is:
http://yifan.lu/p/custom-screensaver/
Compass Co's post about 1/2 way down the responses which links to
https://github.com/downloads/yifanlu...nsaver_1.0.zip
[*]commit to doing all beta-testing I think necessary.
I'm 100% happy to do any beta testing you deem necessary. I've done beta testing in the past and I work in IT so there shouldn't be any issues. I should also be able to check on both XP and win 7 x64 to make sure it works perfectly for you.
[*]answer any questions I may have in a timely manner. I don't have a Kindle Touch or any other Kindle for that matter. Things where you may think 'everybody knows that about Kindles' you should assume I won't know unless you tell me.
Never assume people know what you know and I'll do my best to explain anything you need explained.
The images have to be 600x800, grey scale and PNG, labelling and folder as mentioned above. Please feel free to PM me for any further information you need.[/LIST]
Thanks again (answers to questions in above)

I've just found an MR link (however it is in the Wiki)
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...#Screen_Savers
Though that obviously doesn't link to a thread.

Last edited by Akirainblack; 08-15-2012 at 05:45 AM.
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #105
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

v1.6.0 released

• Added support for non-Ad-supported Kindle Touch (with 'jailbreak' plus 'Simple Screensaver' mods).
  • Added progress bar to help users who like to copy larger batches.
  • Max. number of total covers now 100 (all devices).

If there are any problems after upgrade, please post here.

Thanks to Akirainblack for the beta-testing.

Regards, Jackie

Tags
plugin, pocketbook, sony