Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 09-01-2014, 08:51 PM   #1
scarlettruin
Connoisseur
scarlettruin began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung 10 Inch Tablet 2016 & Samsung S10+
New update repeatedly crashing

I've just installed the latest CC update, and straight away the app stopped working. Everytime I click on the icon, the basic page is brought up without books for a split second, and then the screen goes black. It then goes to my tablet homepage and says that CC has crashed and to either send a report or just 'okay'. It worked before the update (literally, I was on it 10 mins before I updated and it was fine), and the crashing started *immediately* after I updated. I've sent 2 reports too (just fyi).

Can anyone help please? (BTW I can't use CC's debug, because it crashes straight away)

Thanks!
scarlettruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:34 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I too am having problems but on PC... Failure to download icu.... error code 1 HELP!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2014, 12:29 AM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I too am having problems but on PC... Failure to download icu.... error code 1 HELP!
Just a friendly heads-up -- Kovid would answer this, except I can guarantee he does not even look in this forum at all.

Post your problem in the appropriate forum, in its own thread.

Last edited by pdurrant; 09-02-2014 at 02:29 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:19 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlettruin View Post
I've just installed the latest CC update, and straight away the app stopped working. Everytime I click on the icon, the basic page is brought up without books for a split second, and then the screen goes black. It then goes to my tablet homepage and says that CC has crashed and to either send a report or just 'okay'. It worked before the update (literally, I was on it 10 mins before I updated and it was fine), and the crashing started *immediately* after I updated. I've sent 2 reports too (just fyi).

Can anyone help please? (BTW I can't use CC's debug, because it crashes straight away)

Thanks!
Thanks for this post and for the 2 crash reports. I have published a new version of CC (V3.4.4) that fixes it.

FYI: As far as I can tell the crash will happen only if a) you are grouping on one or more custom columns, and b) you skipped CC versions 3.4.1 and 3.4.2. Does this make sense to you?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:48 AM   #5
scarlettruin
Connoisseur
scarlettruin began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung 10 Inch Tablet 2016 & Samsung S10+
I've un-installed and re-installed and it seems to be working now - thank you!! It does make sense
scarlettruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2014, 04:04 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I am not sure what problem you are having or what software you are talking about. It clearly can't be CC because CC doesn't exist for a PC. I am not sure it is calibre, because nothing in calibre requires you to download something called icu.

If you can be a bit more specific then we can point you at the right forum. However, if the problem is with calibre, then post in its forum providing as much information as you can about what you are trying to do and what happens.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:09 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlettruin View Post
I've un-installed and re-installed and it seems to be working now - thank you!! It does make sense
Excellent. Thanks for confirming my hypothesis.

I didn't want to suggest uninstall/reinstall because doing so would require you to reenter all the settings and to resync your books. On the other hand, it got you going again without having to wait for the new release.