Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 02:56 PM   #61
Matula1
Enthusiast
Matula1 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360°, IQ
Congratulations on the tenth, MR.
I`m member since the last 3 years and almost every day here.
My favorite sections are the Pocketbook and Androidsites, cause i`m owner of both devices and looking for help ( now lesser ), updates and interesting changes; also for info on other and future devices.

Best wishes and congrats again.

Matula1
Old 10-30-2012, 03:07 PM   #62
K. Molen
Addict
K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 3, Nexus 10, Nexus 5
10 years... pretty impressive.

My favourite section is the News section. I don't tend to visit a lot of gadget sites, so this is one of my only sources for gadget news. Likewise with news concerning books and authors.
Advert
Old 10-30-2012, 03:17 PM   #63
conanfan
Me Lurk Here Long Time
conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis; PW1+3g; Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro; KF HDX 7;
Like many of the other posters in this thread, without a doubt, the forum I visit the most (and post in the most) is the Deals & Freebies section. Deals & Freebies has been the lighthouse guiding me between the Scylla of rampant ebook addiction and the Charybdis of a shoestring budget. I have a soft spot for the entire site, of course, and I always check "New Posts" first, but there's a special flutter I get in my not insubstantial tummy when I see new posts in the Deals & Freebies sections! I love the monthly genre posts, the Kobo coupon posts, the Fictionwise coupon posts, and I miss ATDrake's great KDP posts. Oh sure, there's plenty of chaff that gets in there (heck, I've downloaded a ton of it and posted a little, too), and I'll probably never read a tenth of the acquisitions I've made, but for a few shining moments every day, I am a King, surveying my evergrowing (if wildly uneven) ebook domain!

THANK YOU, DEALS & FREEBIES - I LOVE YOU (and the rest of MobileRead, too - just not as much). There, I've said it, and it feels great (especially if I win). Oh, and how to make it better? More posters, I say, out in the wild internet jungle, scouting for freebies and cheapies that I can add to my ebook kingdom!!!
Old 10-30-2012, 03:22 PM   #64
Dylan Tomorrow
Connoisseur
Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Android smartphone w/ FBReader
Wow, I did not know the founder of this forum was Swiss.

Gratulation zum Jubiläum, Alexander! The geeks shall inherit the earth!

My favourite forum section is a tie between the Kindle Dev Forum and the Calibre Plug-in Forum.

I like the Kindle Dev Forum because of the devotion and passion of everyone there in making my Kindle more awesome and testing the limits of the platform. (I have not dared to use the Jailbreak yet, as unbricking the Kindle on Linux is kinda undocumented right now, but I can't wait to do so once I've got access to a windows PC again ...) Also, and I am only a newbie, so I am just guessing here, I really like the sense of community between the devs there, great to read their banter .

I like the Caibre plugins forum actually just for one thread (for now ^^), the one on the FanFictionDownLoader Plugin, which I use practically daily and is just invaluable to a fanfic addict like me. The main developer, Jimmy, is really helpful with issues and adding user-requested features and he updates the plugin at an almost ridiculous frequency .

Alas, I can't think of anything to improve either forum. I hope that does not disqualify me?

Last edited by Dylan Tomorrow; 11-04-2012 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Added links to forums :).
Old 10-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #65
polyfragmentiert
Groupie
polyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SONY PRS-T1, bald tolino vision 3 HD
I like the Sony Reader section, because there's tonz of info and solutions for common problems there!

Here's to another 10 years -- HUZZAH!
Advert
Old 10-30-2012, 03:32 PM   #66
flaminga
flaminga began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Congratualtions on your 10th birthday. It's hard to believe eReaders have been on the market that long, especially since I'm one of the first people I knew of to get one. I'm usually way behind when it comes to acquiring the latest techno-gadget. As I'm a new member, I'm having a bit of difficutly even figuring out what the various forums are, but for now I will say that The Longe looks like a potential favorite.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #67
RVnook
RVnook began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK First Edition
Happy Birthday!

I think my favorite section of the forum is the Patricia Clark Memorial Library. I've discovered countless books there, including books I never knew of. I believe here is where I also first heard about calibre.

As far as improving that section, maybe if the ebooks were sectioned according to genre. I know each new upload is categorized, but they are all lumped together, if you will. If not that, perhaps a way to list the latest uploads. Don't know if either one is feasible, and neither is a big deal, but since you asked for suggestions, those are mine.

I have another suggestion, but I hesitate to suggest it until I look around to make sure you aren't already doing it.

Happy birthday and keep up the great work!

Last edited by RVnook; 11-02-2012 at 01:23 PM. Reason: add suggestion for improvement
Old 10-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #68
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
I hesitate to admit that if I only have time to check one area of MR, it's the What Is In Your Cup thread in the Lounge. I love my Kindles and read ebooks exclusively, but when I need to relax and see what my friends are up to, that's where I go. The MR community is amazing, and I've made some long lasting friendships here. Thank you, Alex, for keeping it so welcoming!
Old 10-30-2012, 04:10 PM   #69
patcholi1961
patcholi1961 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS650
Thumbs up My favourite forum

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/ebooks.php?forumid=126

Because I never know what goodies I'll find.

As to how to improve the site: Please make the search engine a little more specific.

Don't get me wrong; I find many wonderful reads by scolling through results, but, when I am in a hurry, I would love to be able to search in 30 seconds flat.

Happy 10th!
Old 10-30-2012, 04:11 PM   #70
lisgielen
lisgielen began at the beginning.

Device: nokia 6760slide, irex iliad, (nokia 3250)
Happy birthday!

My favourite section is the one that sends me mails about "what are we reading". I don't always read it, but when I'm up to a new read, I get ideas from that. I found a starting author and some good books here!

Besides that, I found lots of information for my former e-reader, the i-rex. Unfortunately, the screen broke. So now mostly I read on my Nokia...
Keep up the good work!

Personally, I don't need any improvement. Maybe a little speed on the search engine, but that's all.

Last edited by lisgielen; 10-30-2012 at 04:14 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 10-30-2012, 04:16 PM   #71
weltonsfancy
Enthusiast
weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet
Happy B-Day!

MR glad you stayed on long enough for me to find you. Found this forum from xda while searching for info on my Nook Tablet.

I always check out the NEW POSTS feature. Even if I don't log on I see what everyone is saying. My favorite sections are the News http://https://www.mobileread.com/for...splay.php?f=78 and General Discussions. Also Calibre is helping me a lot.

I don't have any suggestions for making MR better. Tho I have spent entire days, weeks trying to search answers to my problems. (just read about the advance search feature)

I also like the Similair posts found at the bottom of the page. Hope you are here for another 10 years.
Pat

Last edited by weltonsfancy; 10-31-2012 at 06:03 PM. Reason: links*##**links
Old 10-30-2012, 04:20 PM   #72
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Congrats on 10 years Mobile Read. I first came here as I was searching for an ereader back in 2010. My favorite forums are the News, General Discussion, & Kindle forums.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:32 PM   #73
dakini
not "it"
dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 7th gen
congrats on 10 years!

My favourite forums are the Kobo and the Kobo Dev sub-forum, because often it's easier and quicker to get an answer from another knowledgeable user than to wait a couple days to hear back from Customer Support. And being able to share our knowledge seems to solve most problems pretty swift.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:38 PM   #74
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Congratulation MR, ten great years (although I can only personally vouch for the last three and a half).

I originally joined to find out more about my newly bought e-reader. Thanks to Mobileread I've been able to unbrick my reader, install PRS+ and discover Calibre (amongst many other things). I've also found some great free books in the Patricia Clark Memorial Library, always beautifully formatted by people who really care about books.

Nowadays, I mostly hang out in the Llounge, great for relaxed, civilised conversation. My favourite thread is the Silliness Quiz thread. I love quizzes anyway and the erudite, international membership of MR means I'm always learning something. Thanks to everybody who posts there!

Hopefully, many more years to come. Thanks to Alex and the mods.

Last edited by Bilbo1967; 10-30-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #75
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
My favorite forum, huh? Probably the Kindle Developer's Corner because Those who regularly spend their time there taught me skills I would not have learned without that forum...

Happy birthday, MR
Closed Thread