Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old Today, 05:18 AM   #466
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
I suspect most people are in the camp of mostly/only ebooks or mostly/only paper. Therefore it makes sense that they are priced independently. I understand why the comparison is made - it's natural to perceive the value of the same book in different formats as being related - but the more important comparison for the seller is what is this competing against? So is it priced similarly to other books in the same genre is more relevant that is it priced similarly to its own twin in another medium.
latepaul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:28 AM   #467
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Yes. It really is what we're talking about. You can't prefer ebooks (to the point of expecting never to read a paper book again) and yet value them less than paper books. That you can't seem to grasp that is baffling to me. You want the format you desire more to cost less than the format you don't desire at all! Does that even sound remotely reasonable?
Just a comment... We're talking about price, not value. And when we talk about price, we talk about associated costs and profit, not intangible value that a specific customer gives to an item. According to that logic, if I like more potatoes that oysters, I should think that it is logic that potatoes cost more than oyster even it's easier to get potatoes than oysters.

And, BTW, as a customer my desire is ALWAYS to get the things I like in the cheapest way in the legal/official channels.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote