Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-01-2019, 12:12 PM   #3316
metamatik
metamatik began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Hi everyone,

Is it currently possible to jailbreak a Kindle Voyage, serial number 9013 0907 .... , running firmware 5.9.5.1 (3307370012)?

I see in another thread that it is possible for a Paperwhite 3, but I can't find any Voyage-specific information.

Thanks in advance for your help
metamatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 12:21 PM   #3317
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamatik View Post
Hi everyone,

Is it currently possible to jailbreak a Kindle Voyage, serial number 9013 0907 .... , running firmware 5.9.5.1 (3307370012)?

I see in another thread that it is possible for a Paperwhite 3, but I can't find any Voyage-specific information.

Thanks in advance for your help
Only over the serial port.

See:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3137590

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267541
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 07:36 AM   #3318
metamatik
metamatik began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Thank you j.p.s, I guess that means I'll stay in jail for the time being
metamatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 12:40 AM   #3319
heavinessruscles
heavinessruscles began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
I'm looking to buy a Kindle PW3 so that I can jail break it and install the KindleLazy app.

If I buy one brand new, is it almost guaranteed to come with a firmware version 5.8.7.x or earlier?

If not, does anyone have any suggestions on how to buy one with firmware version 5.8.7.x or earlier?
heavinessruscles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 01:57 AM   #3320
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavinessruscles View Post
I'm looking to buy a Kindle PW3 so that I can jail break it and install the KindleLazy app.

If I buy one brand new, is it almost guaranteed to come with a firmware version 5.8.7.x or earlier?

If not, does anyone have any suggestions on how to buy one with firmware version 5.8.7.x or earlier?
No.

No way.

5.9.6.1 or earlier, See:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=313086
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:49 AM   #3321
danielr
Enthusiast
danielr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
It s posible to jailbreak a PW3 with. 5.10.2?
danielr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:14 AM   #3322
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielr View Post
It s posible to jailbreak a PW3 with. 5.10.2?
Only by opening the case and connecting to the serial port.
Old 02-07-2019, 01:50 PM   #3323
bytebolt
bytebolt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
My PW3 never stopped with those updates even though I had the partial update folder in USB folder.
I would just reinstall KUAL booklet version using ;log mrpi but since the last update 5.10.2, mrpi is destroying packages. Uninstaller bin for KUAL is also getting destroyed.

How do I get KUAL back? I have serial access as well in case I need to downgrade.
bytebolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:59 PM   #3324
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytebolt View Post
My PW3 never stopped with those updates even though I had the partial update folder in USB folder.
I would just reinstall KUAL booklet version using ;log mrpi but since the last update 5.10.2, mrpi is destroying packages. Uninstaller bin for KUAL is also getting destroyed.

How do I get KUAL back? I have serial access as well in case I need to downgrade.
try installing the add-in versions specific to 5.10.xx
Begin by putting in the corrected "HotFix".
(Since you didn't mention what versions of things you are using, I just have to assume PEBKAC from the results description.)
Old 02-08-2019, 06:19 AM   #3325
bytebolt
bytebolt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
try installing the add-in versions specific to 5.10.xx
Begin by putting in the corrected "HotFix".
(Since you didn't mention what versions of things you are using, I just have to assume PEBKAC from the results description.)
Great! It worked... Hotfix did the trick. Now how do I future proof from updates? I did create the partial update bin folder but still got updated thrice.
bytebolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 07:09 AM   #3326
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytebolt View Post
Great! It worked... Hotfix did the trick. Now how do I future proof from updates? I did create the partial update bin folder but still got updated thrice.
Can you create a screenshot of the topmost visible USB storage listing for us?
What OS is your PC running (or whatever it is that you used to create the folder name)?

Why?
Because it seems very odd that we haven't been flooded with similar reports.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:20 PM   #3327
k2uskindle
k2uskindle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Need help with Jailbroken Voyage, can I update it to 5.10.3?

Hi,

I need some help. I've got a Voyage, Jailbroken using the methods here, and updated to 5.8.7.0.1.

Can I update it to the current firmware which is 5.10.3, or should I leave it where it is?

Thanks.
k2uskindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 06:51 PM   #3328
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

You could consider going to 5.8.11 and see how you like that. It added some nice features and is the last version to support kindlet KUAL.

Before going to 5.10.x it might be safer to go to 5.9.7 first. Some people ended up with bricks going to 5.10.x from lower versions.

5.10.3 might have fixed that, or maybe it didn't.
Old 02-18-2019, 07:29 PM   #3329
k2uskindle
k2uskindle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks! where do I get the 5.8.11 bin file? Or for that matter, the 5.9.7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
You could consider going to 5.8.11 and see how you like that. It added some nice features and is the last version to support kindlet KUAL.

Before going to 5.10.x it might be safer to go to 5.9.7 first. Some people ended up with bricks going to 5.10.x from lower versions.

5.10.3 might have fixed that, or maybe it didn't.
Thanks! where do I get the 5.8.11 bin file? Or for that matter, the 5.9.7?
k2uskindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:38 PM   #3330
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The usual Amazon Kindle Software Update page. Just fiddle with the version number in the download link.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote