Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-05-2019, 03:15 AM   #211
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjmz View Post
Not "anyone" it seems. I just tried on both my desktop and my phone, and there was no provision at any point of the purchase process to add a promo code.
Quote:
Originally Posted by specficwriter View Post
There should be a drop-down where you choose your payment method. If you click the drop-down, one of the options is "Redeem". Hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Thanks. I would never have looked there. The promo code works for me in US.

Apparently it doesn't work outside the US, but thanks to specificwriter anyway for reminding those of us who are in the US to look for "redeem". It had been a while since I used a coupon code on Google Play and you saved me having to figure it out!

I didn't even have to select a book or start the checkout process - "Redeem" was an option on the left side of the screen and I was able to click it and then enter the code. I assume my discount will apply when I actually choose and buy a book.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:20 AM   #212
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Perhaps Google really DOES see all - I got an email from them a few minutes ago reminding me to claim a $7NZ credit they gave out when they switched "Google Drive" to "Google One". So I have ended up with a free book after all - and eight whole NZ cents credit left. I feel like Croesus!
Old 01-05-2019, 03:31 AM   #213
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I got £2 off a book I'd been wanting. Thanks.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 06:50 AM   #214
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I've redeemed the code, thanks. I may give it a pass as nothing is screaming "Buy me"; but on the other hand, I could get a discount off an agency book on my wishlist and use Google play credit, which is a compelling argument.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 02:06 PM   #215
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I had the app one as well, though I didn't use it.

This one specifically stated books. "Enjoy a $2 ebook credit."

I haven't yet found any books over $8 that I really want. There were a few $7.99 ones, but they weren't eligible for the offer. It's a shame because there are multiple $13.99 and $14.99 pre-orders I would gladly use it on. Just nothing that is scheduled for release before January 21 when it expires.
I didn't use the app one either - it's difficult for me to find and app that expensive that I want.

I'll have to see if there are any books over $8 that I want. I won't pay $13.99 or $14.99 for a book anymore. When I could use coupons at Kobo I would consider a book that expensive, but I will wait to get it at the library. I could afford it, but I still won't reward price fixing.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 02:26 PM   #216
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
Apparently it doesn't work outside the US, but thanks to specificwriter anyway for reminding those of us who are in the US to look for "redeem". It had been a while since I used a coupon code on Google Play and you saved me having to figure it out!

I didn't even have to select a book or start the checkout process - "Redeem" was an option on the left side of the screen and I was able to click it and then enter the code. I assume my discount will apply when I actually choose and buy a book.
Thanks! I just found the Redeem option in the menu on the left.
Old 01-05-2019, 02:56 PM   #217
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I'll have to see if there are any books over $8 that I want. I won't pay $13.99 or $14.99 for a book anymore. When I could use coupons at Kobo I would consider a book that expensive, but I will wait to get it at the library. I could afford it, but I still won't reward price fixing.
I use the Google Rewards app to take short surveys and they give Play store credit. So it's like getting books for free. And I would rather spend the credits on books than digital movies.

I have a very limited set of authors I will pay that much for. So that also helps.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:18 PM   #218
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I use the Google Rewards app to take short surveys and they give Play store credit. So it's like getting books for free. And I would rather spend the credits on books than digital movies.

I have a very limited set of authors I will pay that much for. So that also helps.
I use the Google rewards app too, but I still refuse to buy a book that expensive. I used to have authors that were a must buy, but not anymore. I don't even remember what authors they were. I was just looking through a list of horror books on Google Play, and saw that It by Stephen King is $12.99. For a book from 1986 that's ridiculous.
Old 09-06-2019, 02:23 AM   #219
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's been a long while since they've offered me a "coupon," but I got a $3 off any book $3 or more today.

The offer was in the messages on the Google Play app on my phone.
Old 09-06-2019, 03:50 AM   #220
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
I may be way off base on this . . . .

I bought a Google Play ebook a couple of days ago, and have not--for the life of me--been able to find a way to download the usual, additional formats (ePub and PDF). The books do appear in my "library," however.

It's always been hard for me to navigate in Google Play's audio and book departments, but someone pointed out, months ago, that (if memory serves me correctly) there is a vertical row of three blue dots somewhere, and you have to click on one of them to find the other formats. Look though I may, this time I never could find the vertical row of blue dots.

Would someone please tell me that the download options are still there, and I have just overlooked them somewhere in the Google Play ebook department? I am having flashbacks to back 4 or 5 years ago when Barnes & Noble, suddenly and without warning, discontinued our ability to download our ebooks there.

Since B&N's little trick, I have never bought anything from them. If my premonition about Google Play is true, I will have zero use for Google Play, either, except for obtaining apps. I don't care if they offer $5 or $50 off an ebook, they can keep it.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 04:31 AM   #221
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Would someone please tell me that the download options are still there, and I have just overlooked them somewhere in the Google Play ebook department? I am having flashbacks to back 4 or 5 years ago when Barnes & Noble, suddenly and without warning, discontinued our ability to download our ebooks there.
First, ensure it has "eReader" listed in the 'Best For' section of the description. If it doesn't, the book is not available to download as an ePub.

The three dots are located next to the title/author when you bring up the My Books page on your PC. When you click on the dots it brings up a submenu with an option to download.

If you are trying to download from the app, click on 'Library'. The three dots appear in the top right corner of the book's cover. At least that's the way it works on my Android devices.

The dots are black on my PC and white on my phone. Perhaps the color depends upon your color scheme. (I highlighted them on yellow on this screencap)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3 dots.JPG
Views:	244
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	173278   Click image for larger version

Name:	3 dots menu.JPG
Views:	239
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	173279  

Last edited by library addict; 09-06-2019 at 04:34 AM. Reason: clarify dot color
Old 09-06-2019, 01:25 PM   #222
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
I may be way off base on this . . . .

I bought a Google Play ebook a couple of days ago, and have not--for the life of me--been able to find a way to download the usual, additional formats (ePub and PDF). The books do appear in my "library," however.

It's always been hard for me to navigate in Google Play's audio and book departments, but someone pointed out, months ago, that (if memory serves me correctly) there is a vertical row of three blue dots somewhere, and you have to click on one of them to find the other formats. Look though I may, this time I never could find the vertical row of blue dots.

Since B&N's little trick, I have never bought anything from them. If my premonition about Google Play is true, I will have zero use for Google Play, either, except for obtaining apps. I don't care if they offer $5 or $50 off an ebook, they can keep it.
I had trouble finding this at one time. If you are in "my library" there is no three dots menu. On the left hand side of the screen choose "my books on google play". The menu is there.
Old 09-06-2019, 04:46 PM   #223
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
On the PC, the three dots are on the book's thumbnail to the right of the title.

If you don't mind telling us the title, we can see if they are there.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 12:15 AM   #224
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Google Play Books splash page has a $5 off audiobook over $5.01 offer.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 10:43 AM   #225
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Google Play Books splash page has a $5 off audiobook over $5.01 offer.
Not for me it doesn't

Last edited by wandalynn; 11-23-2019 at 10:45 AM.
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote