Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-23-2010, 05:26 AM   #1
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
New Sony Reader Library hints at new models, regions

New version of Sony Reader Library (3.3.00.07130) has been released.
PC version, Mac version.
Official whatsnew:
Quote:
This utility updates eBook Library software to Reader Library version 3.3, and provides the following benefits:
Support for PRS-350 / PRS-650
Support for new languages (Spanish, Italian, Portuguese)
Support for new regions (Australia, Spain, Italy)
PRS Device registration without Adobe ID
The xml config files in the program also mention PRS-950.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:05 AM   #2
trevgriff
Zealot
trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini - Main Reader (iPad 3 backup, iPhone 4s back to my backup)
Not for North America, still at 3.2
trevgriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2010, 07:22 AM   #3
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
I wonder why the official german and united kingdom support sites from sony still offers 3.2.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:07 AM   #4
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevgriff View Post
Not for North America, still at 3.2
3.3 for me (in NA).

Here it is for anyone who can't get it from Sony:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qvpgoy
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:24 PM   #5
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Well, if the Sony docs specifically call out 350 and 650, that seems pretty definitive to me. No all we need is firm confirmation of the actual upgrade features, software and hardware.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2010, 09:37 PM   #6
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Nice

This almost confirms the rumours that Sony will be releasing their new range here. Just in time for Christmas!
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:26 AM   #7
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
I installed it in Italian. under the warning that in languages not of my region it might not work.
(I might install it with different languages,on my wife's )

New feature is that I can copy from the book and paste as large texts as I want.

The shop (negozio e-book) points me to 2 new e-book distributors in Italy.

It leaves out IBS.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:04 AM   #8
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Support for new regions (Australia
Oh joy! Australian support for *me*!
- Now what? - I'm at work and haven't installed it yet - will it make me breakfast?
Will I be able to buy books or use the Sony Store?
Will my PRS-600 have the correct time after I use it with the software?
Will it use that sweet sweet Australian English strine I so crave?

Last edited by AprilHare; 08-24-2010 at 02:10 AM.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:07 AM   #9
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
New feature is that I can copy from the book and paste as large texts as I want.
You mean by this that you can copy/paste from purchased books as much as you want?
Old 08-24-2010, 02:34 AM   #10
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
" Then came .... to an almost inaudible panting."

I am afraid not
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:00 AM   #11
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

BTW, there are also hints in the files about New Zealand and Brazil, but they're not completely supported in all of the UI, so probably those regions are not coming soon yet.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:43 AM   #12
AprilHare
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
Oh joy! Australian support for *me*!
- Now what? - I'm at work and haven't installed it yet - will it make me breakfast?
Will I be able to buy books or use the Sony Store?
Will my PRS-600 have the correct time after I use it with the software?
Will it use that sweet sweet Australian English strine I so crave?
Answering yourself can be a sign of madness...
Just installed the update:
- I'll let you know tomorrow whether it makes me breakfast.. not getting my hopes up.
- The Sony Store leads to a 'LANDING PAGE' on sony.com.au - no purchasing books from Sony, I'm afraid - not yet, anyway.
- It is 8:41 PM right now and my Reader believes it is 9:41 PM (after communing with the Reader software) Come on Sony, this is a stupid bug that needs fixing for everyone!
- Where's my strine? I don't see any!
Old 08-25-2010, 02:55 PM   #13
igorsk
Wizard

Aw, they took it down
Old 08-25-2010, 03:06 PM   #14
peitsao
Addict
peitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo mini, PW3,NookST
The US website has all readers sold out as of today--maybe a good sign of things to come!
peitsao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:17 PM   #15
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Aw, they took it down
My link (in post #4) still works.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote