Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 05-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #16
moiread
moiread began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo app on Samsung Galaxy S.
Grabbed Sigil because a bunch of my epub books have the author and title swapped, meaning they don't arrange correctly. Tried using the meta editor in Sigil to change that, but now the Kobo app on my Android phone won't import them due to unspecified errors. I tried turning off the "clean with HTML tidy" option so that, in theory, the file would stay exactly the same as before I opened it, minus the metadata change. Still no dice.

Anyone have any brilliant ideas as to why editing the metadata to swap author and title breaks the file? They work fine before I make the change, but after, no go. Is Sigil changing other parts of the code that I'm not aware of and, if so, how do I turn that off as well?
moiread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:23 AM   #17
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Even with the clean option on the file should still work. Have you pushed the validation button to see if everything is still correct? Unspecified errors don't really help...

Will the files open in ADE?
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2012, 03:22 PM   #18
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Did you use the Kobo app to delete the book before you added your modified copy? Kobo has a database with a file pointer that will get confused if you delete a file and then replace it with one of the same name. I haven't tried this with my Android Kobo app, but the original Kobo had that problem.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote