Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-28-2011, 03:16 PM   #1
Dosch
Nooking
Dosch began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Touch
Hacking a NT just 'a bit'

Hey,

I used my Nook Touch all summer and was very happy with it: three weeks holiday and on return still 33% of battery left!

But the only problem I have with the Nook Touch is that is doesn't feel like mine...

- Halve of the start-screen is filled with advertisement in the 'What to Read Next' and the 'New reads' section.

- My library suddenly contains new 'Books' (actually previews) from B&N after I connect to internet

- I can't delete the manuals for my Nook.

Besides that I wish I could open ePub files directly after downloading them with the build-in (hidden) browser; but it bluntly states that 'this file-type is not supported' if I download an ePub file...

Now I could root the Nook, but I don;t need a full-fledged Android installation, I just wish I could modify the look and feel of my Nook Touch a bit more.

Does any of you have any tips for me on one or more of these problems?

Thnx!
Dosch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser, downloads, hack, makeitmine, nook touch