Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-03-2010, 06:53 AM   #1
grechzoo
Enthusiast
grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 or Sony PRS
okay im stupid, but how do you use the mobi2oeb plugin?

i cant figure out where to use it. i have tried everything in the convert dialgoue and see nothing.

im sure im missing something so if someone could give me a step by step on how to use calibre to explode a drm free mobi i would really appreciate it.
grechzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:21 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by grechzoo View Post
i cant figure out where to use it. i have tried everything in the convert dialgoue and see nothing.

im sure im missing something so if someone could give me a step by step on how to use calibre to explode a drm free mobi i would really appreciate it.
If you set a directory in debug, when you convert a mobi file to any other format you will find the unpacked html in the directory you indicated in debug.

Alternatively this might help.

I'm not familiar with the mobi2oeb plugin but the latest version of mobiunpack (updated in April 2010) is attached to this post. I believe you need to install python 2.6.5 to run it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
It really is possible now to run MobiUnpack, tweak the HTML, and re-pack using Mobipocket Creator with almost no loss of metadata.
That's the full extent of my ignorance, I hope this info is along the line of what your interested in.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:26 PM   #3
grechzoo
Enthusiast
grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 or Sony PRS
thanks soooo much
grechzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:18 PM   #4
Debby
Connoisseur
Debby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Sony & ipad
I am going to send you a private message that may help. Sorry - what I sent won't help you. I misread what you were asking for

Last edited by Debby; 06-03-2010 at 01:22 PM.
Debby is offline   Reply With Quote