Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-10-2011, 10:28 PM   #1
spedinfargo
Groupie
spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.

Device: none
Nook App on CM7 - Cannot Get Into Settings (upper-right icon)

So I'm hacking away on my wife's CM7 Nook Color and getting things set up for her.

I believe my best bet for actually reading stuff on this thing is to install the Nook App from the marketplace. That went OK and I was able to pull down my Nook books, etc. no problem.

However, I can't for the life of me get either the Settings or the Search icons to work. These are both in the extreme upper right. I saw reference from someone else on another thread that they had similar issues on another app (a baseball scorekeeping app).

Is there a trick to getting the extreme areas of the touchscreen to work on the Nook Color?
spedinfargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:44 PM   #2
spedinfargo
Groupie
spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.

OK - so this might be a quirk of how the app works with CM7. While I can't get either of those two buttons to register a press, the menu and search buttons in the tray (taskbar? what do you call that thing?) get me to the settings OK.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:49 AM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by spedinfargo View Post
So I'm hacking away on my wife's CM7 Nook Color and getting things set up for her.

I believe my best bet for actually reading stuff on this thing is to install the Nook App from the marketplace. That went OK and I was able to pull down my Nook books, etc. no problem.

However, I can't for the life of me get either the Settings or the Search icons to work. These are both in the extreme upper right. I saw reference from someone else on another thread that they had similar issues on another app (a baseball scorekeeping app).

Is there a trick to getting the extreme areas of the touchscreen to work on the Nook Color?
You can increase the LCD density using LCD Density app in Market. Icons will be bigger making it easier to respond to touch. When entering the new density number you may want to make it a temporary setting (will be removed upon reboot). To do so, choose Preview instead of Save.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:39 AM   #4
spedinfargo
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
You can increase the LCD density using LCD Density app in Market. Icons will be bigger making it easier to respond to touch. When entering the new density number you may want to make it a temporary setting (will be removed upon reboot). To do so, choose Preview instead of Save.
Thanks Scion - I'll give that one a shot. I had already done the Nook Recalibrate app and couldn't really tell if that made any difference...
Old 07-12-2011, 12:58 AM   #5
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
There's a Nook Color Screen calibration app on the marketplace for free. It helped for me a little - detection is a little iffy in the corners for me in some apps. Others with more serious problems have had it help them also.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:01 PM   #6
yelloguy
Enthusiast
yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

speedinfargo, I have noticed the same problem on two Nooks running CM7 and Nook App. And it drove me nuts as well. Also clicking on My Files in the drop down takes several tries.
yelloguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:52 AM   #7
JanuaryF
Connoisseur
JanuaryF began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Red)
Hi Spedinfargo - did the LCD Density make any difference for you? I'm having the same problem with the Nook for Android app, and can't use the Settings or Search icons in the top right.

I've tried the LCD Density app, and recalibration, but no change. It's weird because in the Market, I can hit that search button without any problems and it is in the same spot.

Thanks,
Jan
JanuaryF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 04:00 PM   #8
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryF View Post
It's weird because in the Market, I can hit that search button without any problems and it is in the same spot.
I'm pretty sure it's an issue with the app and not (or at least not as much) the screen. Your best bet is probably to go through the CM > Tablet Tweaks settings and set up a search button softkey on your status bar.

You can also read B&N books (but not magazines) in Aldiko:

Quote:
Here are the instructions.. from the Aldiko website:

I was able to use the SD Card feature in Aldiko to import DRM'd Nook books on my Android Device.
  1. At the Home screen in Aldiko, tap SD Card.
  2. Navigate to the Nook folder on your device
  3. Navigate to the Content folder within the Nook folder
  4. Tap on the book you want to import (not on the check box, just tap the title)
  5. You will be prompted to open or import, tap "open"
  6. you will then be prompted for a username and password. The user name is the name on the credit card associated with your Nook purchase. The password is the credit card number itself, no spaces.
  7. Once you have been able to open the book, go back to the home page and follow steps 1 through 4.
  8. This time, when you are prompted to open or import, choose "import". The book will be imported to your Aldiko Library.
The reason I open before importing is that there is no password prompt when importing. I did find that once I had entered my credit card info for one book, I was able to import all of the rest of my Nook purchases without opening first, the app seemed to just need this information once
From: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/...ded-books.html
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote