Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-25-2012, 12:46 PM   #1
Darth_Bane
Dark Lord of the Sith
Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Sony PRS-505 and PRS-300, Kobo Wifi, Touch and Mini, Kindle 4NT
Processing new content after FTP

I've tweaked my Kobo to allow telnet and ftp via wireless, so now I can connect to my reader without a cable an push books onto it from my PC. The one thing I haven't been able to do is trigger new content processing without plugging in and unplugging a USB cable. Reboot doesn't do it. Killing and restarting the framework usually results in a lockup. Any ideas other than manually updating the SQLite database?

PS: I can do this on my Kindle using a very cryptic dbus command that simulates a USB disconnect, but it doesn't work on the Kobo.
Darth_Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
ah-
Connoisseur
ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kobo Touch
You could try this: http://a3nm.net/blog/fnacbook_kobo_more_hacking.html

I'm not sure if this exact method still works but something similar should. Doing this without the annoying connect screen would be a whole lot more work.
ah- is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert