Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-20-2020, 05:16 AM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
It's not so dire as that. People are still using their 10-years-old Kindle Keyboards. The battery is not going to give up in 2, 3 or even 5 years, if you charge it regularly. I charge my mostly unused Voyage once a month. Modern Kindles use very little battery when asleep. The Oasis 2 and 3 can last several months, literally.
I was picking an arbitrary number for how long a Voyage might last to use as an example saying that a second Vaoyage might then last only 1/2 as long given that it cannot be shut off unless jailbroken.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 05:53 AM   #17
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I was picking an arbitrary number for how long a Voyage might last to use as an example saying that a second Vaoyage might then last only 1/2 as long given that it cannot be shut off unless jailbroken.
It would depend more on how much it was used. A little used second-hand Voyage might well last a lot longer than that.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert