Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-31-2019, 02:13 PM   #61
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
I have to disagree about pdf being unsuitable for e-readers. The other day I opened up pdf with koreader. It is a very good experience. It seems that koreader has integrated k2pdfopt, and it crops all the margins out dynamically. Also, it works in landscape, making smaller fonts readable. Until I tried koreader with pdf, I though only the Onyx software handled pdf well. Very impressed.

There are excellent options to read pdf on ereaders, but one must venture beyond the almost always very limited out-of-the-box UI.
I guess you're right, but I read pdf files so seldom that it's just not worth the bother to install a software specifically for them. My tablet is enough for those instances I have to read a pdf file. Also, you can't change the fonts (either type or size) in a pdf, so I avoid them whenever possible.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 09:08 PM   #62
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
My ancient Sony 505 reflows PDFs, but this often looks odd and doesn't work with technical manuals, or those with diagrams and pictures. I rarely use the 505 now due to lack of frontlight.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote