Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 04-15-2019, 12:31 PM   #1
stew59
stew59 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Sending books to Kindle

I like the wireless capability of Calibre Companion so I bought the app to transfer my books from Calibre that I have on flash drive to my Kindle HD 10 (7th gen) I am able to send using the content server of Calibre to any folder on my Kindle. I've changed the send to folder to Internal > Kindle, Books, and Docs but I have never gotten them to show up in the Home screen Books folder under downloaded...the books I own from Amazon show up there under "All"but that is it. The only way to access my books is thru the Docs folder of the Kindle. I even downloaded some books from Amazon that I own and they show right up in the Home books folder but using Solid Explorer to find out where Amazon sent them I could find no trace. Is this a dead end and I wasting my time trying to get them to go to the Home screen books folder? Thanks
stew59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 02:00 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Amazon keeps changing the rules. It is as if they don't want third party books to show up. The best I have seen done is that the books appear on the "lastest used" page.

Amazon stores books in the Android data folder, IIRC (my fire is packed away) Android/data/com.amazon.kindle. I think they break the books apart into separate folders, one for annotations, one for text, and one for who-knows-what.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert