Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-28-2018, 09:26 PM   #61
codychan
Groupie
codychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Nope. This is not possible, at least with the way nickel is currently structured.
OK, since you can put rotation icon on the top menu bar on other Kobo devices, I though you could put `Home` and "Settings` icons there too, maybe I misunderstood and they are just different things.
codychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:41 PM   #62
codychan
Groupie
codychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud of

Hey, @geek1011, I found a bug of "Replace adobe page numbers toggle with invert screen".

I put

[DeveloperSettings]
EnableDebugServices=true

into "Kobo eReader.conf" and enable "Invert Screen" in Settings->Developer options(The "Invert Screen" in "Reading Settings" is unchecked), and it works perfectly even after I power it off/on again, the status will keep as I set in "Developer options".

But if use this "Invert Screen" patch and enable it in "Reading Settings" (before enabling this patch, I disable/uncheck "Invert Screen" in "Developer options" and remove the above lines in "Kobo eReader.conf" and power off/on): it works OK, once I power it off/on again, the effect will be gone, the white-text-black-background effect will restore to the white-background-black-text, but the status of the "Invert Screen" item in "Reading Settings" is still what I set (on/check status), so if I want it white-text-black-background again, I have to uncheck-check it again.

This bug can be reproduced. I've tried it multiple times.

FYI: Kobo Forma 4.11.12019 and patched

Last edited by codychan; 11-28-2018 at 10:30 PM.
Advert
Old 11-28-2018, 09:46 PM   #63
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by codychan View Post
OK, since you can put rotation icon on the top menu bar on other Kobo devices, I though you could put `Home` and "Settings` icons there too, maybe I misunderstood and they are just different things.
The patch isn't adding an icon to the menu bar. It is enabling an existing icon in more circumstances. The rotation icon is only officially supported by the Forma. The patch, or the config file entry, enables the icon on the other devices.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:27 PM   #64
codychan
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The patch isn't adding an icon to the menu bar. It is enabling an existing icon in more circumstances. The rotation icon is only officially supported by the Forma. The patch, or the config file entry, enables the icon on the other devices.
OK, I get it, thanks.
Old 11-29-2018, 02:13 AM   #65
price
price began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Heck! I never thought it is so simple!
Many thanks!
\(☆o☆)/
price is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2018, 02:14 AM   #66
price

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Heck! I never thought it is so simple!
Many thanks!
Old 11-29-2018, 06:51 AM   #67
price

is it possible to disable the header, while leaving the footer.
the header is totally useless, but the footer can at least show that page numbers.
i enabled your code on Kobo Aura One, but I didn't find any option showed on your pics.
Is there any other ways to do this, not only with .epub, but with pocket and .kepub?
Old 11-29-2018, 07:34 AM   #68
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by price View Post
is it possible to disable the header, while leaving the footer.
the header is totally useless, but the footer can at least show that page numbers.
i enabled your code on Kobo Aura One, but I didn't find any option showed on your pics.
Is there any other ways to do this, not only with .epub, but with pocket and .kepub?
I don't know what you mean. If you are on one of the last few firmware versions, you can already do this.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:18 AM   #69
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Just throwing this out there: is it possible to make the Forma's physical buttons scroll in the Web Browser?
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 04:17 PM   #70
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Hey, @geek1011, I found a bug of "Replace adobe page numbers toggle with invert screen".

I put

[DeveloperSettings]
EnableDebugServices=true

into "Kobo eReader.conf" and enable "Invert Screen" in Settings->Developer options(The "Invert Screen" in "Reading Settings" is unchecked), and it works perfectly even after I power it off/on again, the status will keep as I set in "Developer options".

But if use this "Invert Screen" patch and enable it in "Reading Settings" (before enabling this patch, I disable/uncheck "Invert Screen" in "Developer options" and remove the above lines in "Kobo eReader.conf" and power off/on): it works OK, once I power it off/on again, the effect will be gone, the white-text-black-background effect will restore to the white-background-black-text, but the status of the "Invert Screen" item in "Reading Settings" is still what I set (on/check status), so if I want it white-text-black-background again, I have to uncheck-check it again.

This bug can be reproduced. I've tried it multiple times.

FYI: Kobo Forma 4.11.12019 and patched
I can't seem to reproduce this on my Aura Edition 2. Could you post some screenshots?
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 07:39 PM   #71
price

Question

Quote:
I don't know what you mean. If you are on one of the last few firmware versions, you can already do this.
Sorry, I quoted #5,but it didn't show up.
I mean, how to get rid of the header and only leave the footer?
I browsed all the patched for 4.10.11655 but didn't found one with this function. May I ask which one should I use?
Old 11-29-2018, 10:38 PM   #72
codychan
Groupie

Quote:
I can't seem to reproduce this on my Aura Edition 2. Could you post some screenshots?
Please check the attachment, "Invert Screen" is on in "Reading Settings", but the screen is while-background-black-text. I took this picture after powering off and on again, if I don't power off and on again, "Invert screen" in "Reading Settings" works fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P81130-081657(1).jpg
Views:	663
Size:	834.9 KB
ID:	168065  
Old 11-30-2018, 01:12 AM   #73
price

Quote:
Please check the attachment, "Invert Screen" is on in "Reading Settings", but the screen is while-background-black-text. I took this picture after powering off and on again, if I don't power off and on again, "Invert screen" in "Reading Settings" works fine.
How can you have "show title" and "show footer"? Are they build-in features only available for Forma? Or what patch you have used?
I still cannot make it with Aura One(4.10.11655)
Old 11-30-2018, 01:33 AM   #74
codychan
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by price View Post
How can you have "show title" and "show footer"? Are they build-in features only available for Forma? Or what patch you have used?
I still cannot make it with Aura One(4.10.11655)
Recently the kobo stock firmware supports this feature "Show title" and "Show footer", you don't need to install any patches (before this, you can get fullscreen feature in patch, no "Show title" and "Show footer" in settings, just fullscreen).

I'm using Kobo Forma with latest version of firmware, I got Kobo Aura One too, but I didn't touch it since I'm using Kobo Forma, so I cannot remember whether 4.10.11655 for Kobo Aura One supports this feature. You may check the firmware release threads, some people said that you can install that firmware without issues even though Kobo doesn't release it for Kobo Aura One or any other models other than Kobo Forma.

Last edited by codychan; 11-30-2018 at 02:16 AM.
Old 11-30-2018, 02:02 AM   #75
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Recently the kobo stock firmware supports this feature "Show title" and "Show footer", you don't need to install any patches (before this, you can get fullscreen feature in patch, no "Show title" and "Show footer" in settings, just fullscreen).

I'm using Kobo Forma with latest version of firmware, I got Kobo Aura One too, but I didn't touch it since I'm using Kobo Forma, so I cannot remember whether 4.10.11655 for Kobo Aura One supports this feature. You may check the firmware release threads, some people said that you can install that firmware with issues even though Kobo doesn't release it for Kobo Aura One or any other models other than Kobo Forma.
11655 doesn't support it, only 979 and next
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patches, patching, request, requests