Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 07-24-2018, 09:59 PM   #1
Beanxx
Beanxx began at the beginning.

Device: PC & Android apps
Question Trying to share a dropbox library with a friend using link.

Hi folks! I am trying to share a calibre library inn dropbox with a friend who has Calibre Companion installed on an Android Device. I've done this before, but I forget how.

There is one possible complicating factor in this case. Dropbox has two ways of sharing a folder -- as a folder within the dropbox program itself, or as a link to the folder, sent by email, which opens the folder via browser. The former method is restricted to the size of the recipient's available space, while the latter has no such limitation. My library is much larger than the account of the friend I am trying to share with. So I am hoping there is a way he can sign into my library via the link to the folder in the web app, rather than via a shared folder inside of the dropbox app.
Beanxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 05:37 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
CC can only access dropbox files using a dropbox login. In other words, the files must appear somewhere in the user's dropbox space, which means that the library must be shared. A link won't work.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:36 AM   #3
BoerOpi
BoerOpi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I have exactly the same issue.
Anyone know if nowadays there's a way to solve it ?
BoerOpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 12:14 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoerOpi View Post
I have exactly the same issue.
Anyone know if nowadays there's a way to solve it ?
No. The same restriction exists -- the books must be in the library CC sees when the user logs in, which is what happens if you share the library instead of passing a link.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 02:38 AM   #5
BoerOpi
BoerOpi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
ok, thanks for your update
BoerOpi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dropbox, library folder, sharing