Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 01-22-2019, 03:58 PM   #1
Mattee
Mattee began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab A
CC and USB?

I just bought CC last night, Demo version worked fine, paid version, don't know we have no WiFi at work. Thereby raising the question? Can we just hook by wire the USB connection from the Laptop and the tablet, and transfer through that? Or do I have to find someplace with a WiFi signal and sit there and transfer data each time I want to update my Tablet from Calibre VIA Calibre Companion?
Thanks !!!
Mattee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 05:17 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Moderator Notice
Moved to its own thread
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 05:18 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
CC doesn't support any wired connection, so yes, you need to use a network.

Our FAQ I am in a hotel/airport/? and cannot connect CC to my computer by WiFi. How can I transfer books? might suggest methods that don't require visiting a WiFi cafe.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote