Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 01-03-2019, 08:12 AM   #1
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Columns showing on Content Server

Hi.

Is it possible to create a feature in CC where I select which columns I need to see when connected to a content server?

Also, why is it only some of the columns I can see in the first place?

A column with "Text, but with a fixed set of permitted values" doesn't show up.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:41 AM   #2
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

I discovered why I couldn't see the specific column... It wasn't in the library I tested with...

But it would be really nice to be able to select which Columns is shown when connecting to the content server. Is it possible to adjust this in either CC or Calbre itself?
Old 01-06-2019, 04:05 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
But it would be really nice to be able to select which Columns is shown when connecting to the content server. Is it possible to adjust this in either CC or Calbre itself?
If you mean what you see on the first page, the option 'Restrict displayed user-defined fields' in the advanced content server settings is supposed to do this, but it currently doesn't work. I submitted a fix to Kovid.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 05:44 AM   #4
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Is it fixed in the newest version of Calibre?
Old 01-07-2019, 05:54 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Is it fixed in the newest version of Calibre?
No. The code was added yesterday, so it will be in the next version. If you run from source then the change is available now.
Old 01-07-2019, 07:28 AM   #6
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Thanks, I'll look forward to the next release then
Old 01-18-2019, 01:46 AM   #7
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I've installed the latest version of Calibre with the content server fix, but I can still see columns which should be "hidden" in the content server.
Old 01-18-2019, 03:25 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I've installed the latest version of Calibre with the content server fix, but I can still see columns which should be "hidden" in the content server.
Have you filled in this box in the content server settings?
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.gif
Views:	145
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	169157

This affects only the first, top-level screen. Note that you specify the lookup names of the fields you want to see, not the fields you want to hide.

The setting does not affect book details. There is no way to change the items shown in book details.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:19 AM   #9
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Thanks, I had added the columns I wanted to hide to "Ignore user-defined metadata fields".

Is there any way I can remove those built-in columns I have no interest in as well?
Old 01-18-2019, 04:30 AM   #10
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Is there any way I can remove those built-in columns I have no interest in as well?
Nope.