Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 01-03-2019, 07:47 AM   #1
SgtDave
SgtDave began at the beginning.

Device: none
CC - custom field not displaying

Hello All,

I've just installed Calibre on an iMac and have also installed Calibre Companion on my iPhone and iPad. I am using Dropbox to hold my library and books.
I have added a custom field in Calibre (the genre example as described on several web threads) but this field is not being shown on either iOS device. Does anyone have any clues as to why the custom field is not visible?

Many thanks
SgtDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 05:47 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The field "isn't being shown" where?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 05:52 PM   #3
SgtDave

Hello Charles,

Thanks for responding.

The custom field "genre" is not being displayed anywhere in Calibre Companion on either my iPhone or iPad. No fields whatsoever are displayed in Settings>Customise the grouping drawer.

Hope this clarifies.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:54 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't know the internals of the iOS version of CC, but in the Android version you must connect once as a wireless device to fetch the list of columns. You would connect again after adding or removing columns. Try doing that.
Old 01-03-2019, 06:05 PM   #5
SgtDave

That has added "genre" to Settings>Customise the grouping drawer. I have switched genre on but it still isn't displayed as a tag.
I'll keep playing with it and get back if required.

Thanks for your assistance
Old 01-04-2019, 09:09 AM   #6
SgtDave

Hello Charles,

Further research in Tips & Tricks suggests that there should be a Hierarchical Groups in Settings>Grouping Drawer, however Hierarchical Groups does not exist.

Any ideas, please?
Old 01-04-2019, 09:43 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtDave View Post
Hello Charles,

Further research in Tips & Tricks suggests that there should be a Hierarchical Groups in Settings>Grouping Drawer, however Hierarchical Groups does not exist.

Any ideas, please?
Sorry, but I don't know much about the iOS version. It is possible that that option didn't get implemented, or it might be in a different place. Perhaps someone who has an iOS device can chime in?