Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 12-06-2018, 06:33 PM   #1
rsrupert
rsrupert began at the beginning.

Device: Moonreader Pro
confused

I'm not sure why, but CC requires wifi when connecting to both content server and wireless device. If I even think about trying to use CC over my mobile net connection, it won't work. I can access Calibre via browser, but it would be nice if I can access with CC on my phone and my tablet both.
rsrupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:06 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
CC connects WITH Calibre 2 different ways, which is why there are 2 different connections. You do NOT need both.

And even if you HAVE BOTH, they can't be used at the same time (by the device). In addition. In addition; Think of WDC as an invisible USB cable. ONLY ONE of these type connections can be used at any time: PERIOD.

WDC is mostly a PUSH (from Calibre, just like the USB), but it does offer a Sync feature which refreshes any book ON the device whith any updates done at Calibre. It also sends READ status.

CONTENT SERVER is mostly like using any browser, except it places the results into the LOCAL CC database (and folder). That is what the CC GUI offers
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 03:09 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrupert View Post
I'm not sure why, but CC requires wifi when connecting to both content server and wireless device. If I even think about trying to use CC over my mobile net connection, it won't work. I can access Calibre via browser, but it would be nice if I can access with CC on my phone and my tablet both.
Go to CC Settings / Connecting to calibre / [Wireless device connection and Content server connection] / IP address and port and check the "Allow connecting using 3G" box.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote