Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 01-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #1
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 8, iPad Air, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Clara 2E
CC and using Mantano

Sorry for what is probably a stupid question.... I just got CC this weekend and know I will really like it once I figure it all out! If I understand correctly, you can have your files sent directly to your reader? In my case, Mantano.

I went to "Book formats and folders" and picked epub. I want them to go to Mantano, but when I just pick that God only knows where they go. After Mantano, there is a choice of cache, metadata and user (also fonts and notes-premium but I am assuming those wouldn't be it!) and then more choices after that. I have tried a couple but the files are not going to the right place and I decided I should ask the experts. Thanks for your help!

mary
rxmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:36 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Mary,

You don't use Book formats and folders to choose a reader app. That is used to choose the folder on your device where CC is to put the books.

I am not a Mantano user, but I have tested CC with Mantano Lite. It doesn't seem to care what folder you use, so you probably don't need to change the default unless you don't want to use CC as your library organizer.

If you use CC as your organizer, then you can use it to select books and launch Mantano. In CC, tap on the book you want to read to open Book Details, then tap "Read" to open the reader app. If you have only one, then that app will be opened. If you have several, then you will get a dialog asking you which one to use. Alternatively you can long-tap on a book to open the reader, avoiding the book details display.

If you want to use Mantano as your organizer, then I think the best thing to do is tell Mantano to get the books from CC's folder. I think that the following will work. Go to Mantano's settings, choose "Bookshelf", then "Import Folders", and "Add Folder". Tap the box next to "Calibre Companion", then the "Add" button. You will probably need to use Mantano's import feature to actually load your books into Mantano.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with all the import stuff, instead using CC to launch Mantano. But I admit that I am a bit biased.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:31 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Personally, I wouldn't bother with all the import stuff, instead using CC to launch Mantano. But I admit that I am a bit biased.
This is how I use it too. Open your books in your favorite reading app straight from CC. Importing your books into a reading program is no longer needed since CC groups and sorts your books better than any reader I've tested.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:21 PM   #4
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 8, iPad Air, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Clara 2E
Thanks! I was thinking that CC was mainly meant to be another way to get your ebooks from Calibre to whatever reading program. I hadn't been looking at it as a program to sort, etc all of my books. I'll try both ways and see which one I like better.

mary
rxmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote