Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-01-2014, 03:02 PM   #61
kobotux
kobotux began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Thanks i was looking in the wrong place! Changing the values solved everything, koreader seems a bit unstable though. Thanks for pointing out the direction. Now all I need is a way to access a Ftp server from kobo and i'm set ! Thanks again ! ;-)
kobotux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:31 PM   #62
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobotux View Post
Thanks i was looking in the wrong place! Changing the values solved everything, koreader seems a bit unstable though. Thanks for pointing out the direction. Now all I need is a way to access a Ftp server from kobo and i'm set ! Thanks again ! ;-)
Maybe the browser in Kobo's software? If you have an ftp address to type in.

http://www.cs.colostate.edu/helpdocs/ftp.html

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 01-01-2014 at 05:36 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2014, 06:22 AM   #63
kobotux
kobotux began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Nope, it does not work with the browser, I got stuck once the address had been typed in. I didn't install telnet nor ftp hacks, may be this is the reason why it doesn't work.
kobotux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:27 PM   #64
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sergey has updated the CoolReader engine for the pbchess 1.2.6.31 download.
Check the Release Notes for a way to autostart in an application.

Luck;
Ken
Old 01-11-2014, 06:08 AM   #65
pietro77
pietro77 began at the beginning.

Device: KO3
I tried koreader on my Kobo Aura HD, but when I using pdf reflow something strange happens with book. It looks like it loosing some text, pages (?), beside that every now and again top or bottom line in on edge of bezel and its unreadable.
pietro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2014, 10:29 AM   #66
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietro77 View Post
I tried koreader on my Kobo Aura HD, but when I using pdf reflow something strange happens with book. It looks like it loosing some text, pages (?), beside that every now and again top or bottom line in on edge of bezel and its unreadable.
I don't read PDF documents on small screens, except the rare novel. Did you try a different "Zoom Mode" ?

Luck;
Ken
Old 01-15-2014, 12:05 PM   #67
Ken Maltby
Wizard

pbchess-1.2.6.32_kobo is available.

Known problems

1. Aura HD. Autostart doesn't work.
2. {FIXED} Aura HD. Do not resume your reader at once after suspend. Wait at least 5s.
3. {FIXED} Do not use both Power off button and sleep cover. The following situation is not
handled correctly: "power" button pressed -> go to sleep -> close the sleep cover -> oops... WAKE!!!
Use either "power" button or sleep cover but not the both.
4. External SD is not mounted in autostart mode.

Builds history

1. CoolReader. Removed extra space below the open file dialog title
2. CoolReader. *.txt.zip extension added to the filter of the open file dialog
3. Launcher. Exit KUAL after start Launcher (Kindle, KUAL)
4. Kindle Touch. Process "HOME" button. It is now available in all the applications
5. CoolReader. Max header font size now 100
6. UsbNetwork. Fix for the new Aura (not HD)
7. Launcher. Autostart menu option is removed (Kobo)
8. Launcher. "Autostart" combobox is added to Launcher settings dialog. Now you can select the application what autostarts with Launcher. The previous solution (launcher.sh modification in 1.2.6.31) is obsolete and doesn't work any more

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 01-15-2014 at 12:12 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:05 PM   #68
Ken Maltby
Wizard

1.2.6.32 re-uploaded

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.2.6.32 re-uploaded. (critical error fixed today: exit from launcher after exit from screensaver or frontlight dialog)

Sergey's announcement above.

Luck;
Ken
Old 01-18-2014, 11:38 AM   #69
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Koreader has updated its muPDF version. So now both Sergey's Coolreader and Koreader are using recently updated reading code.

Luck;
Ken
Old 01-26-2014, 06:13 PM   #70
Flaco05
Flaco05 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Flaco05 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Flaco05 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Flaco05 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Flaco05 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Flaco05 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Flaco05 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Flaco05 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Flaco05 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Flaco05 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Flaco05 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Aura HD, PRS-T1
This is a phenomenal guide. Everything went very smoothly. Thank you so much Ken for maintaining this.
Flaco05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:24 PM   #71
Ken Maltby
Wizard

KoboLauncher updated:

pbchess Builds history

1.2.6.35 (2014-01-30)

1. CoolReader. From now the source files for translation (*.ts files) are located in vlasovsoft/cr3/data/i18n (for translators).
2. Launcher. Set focus on the very first button after exit from the autorun application.
3. CoolReader. Added a possibility to remove a document file from the recent books dialog (REMOVE FILE using the hammer icon). Confirmation dialog is displayed.
4. CoolReader. Several rotation actions are added to the action list: Screen rotation [0,90,180,270,+90,+180,-90]
5. CoolReader. Some unused properties are removed from cr3.ini
6. CoolReader. Open recent books dialog at startup option fixed.

1. CoolReader. *.zip added to the list of supported extensions
2. CoolReader. Switch to the new CR engine (cr3.1.2-34)

Luck;
Ken
Old 01-31-2014, 05:01 PM   #72
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Thanks for this excellent guide, managed to install everything smoothly.. The possibility of viewing text pdf files with Koreader is what convinced me to buy the Aura. Now if Koreader supported dictionary lookup (Onyx style) my world would be just perfect

EDIT
I just foud out Koreader actually supports dictionary lookup (at least the Kindle version does) by installing a dictionary in Stradict format. Just like the Onyx readers then. Will have to experiment a little but hopefully it will work on the KOBO too. Now if installing multiple dictionaries was also also supported...

EDIT 2
Dict seems to be working both in pdf and epub, now I have to try install a couple more to check if they can be selected individually.

Last edited by yayo; 02-01-2014 at 05:58 AM.
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:17 AM   #73
Ken Maltby
Wizard

@yayo;

You might want to check out the Koreader, KoboLauncher and Coolreader threads in the "Developer's Corner". Also, GitHub where the Koreader Project resides.

https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/164

For example.

Luck;
Ken

I don't know what version of sdcv is being used;

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 02-01-2014 at 11:12 AM.
Old 02-01-2014, 03:28 PM   #74
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Thanks Ken, I'll be checking forums/threads regularly (though I'm probably too much of an ignorant to understand anything being discussed on gthub)
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:12 AM   #75
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Tshering has his Kobo Start Menu working well, and it will even find and include Sergey's Launcher program (with Coolreader) and Giorgio's KOreader port, in the menu. This way you can start these programs without running Nickel at all. There is a menu item to start Nickel, as well. The menu program works well with these alternative readers.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=233259

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 02-10-2014 at 11:17 AM.